Coalfield comes to cland rd 3

THE KING

51 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We have zero home field advantage.  Coal bucket has won six in a row up here.  We couldn't beat them up here when temps were in the single digits.  Most bee species perish when it gets cold but i think this brand of yeller jackets just get pi$$ed off.  Our overall record against most good programs is respectable but coal bucket is pretty good every single year.  They are very hard to beat.  Converting 2 long 4th downs for td's just shows that they are going to win no matter what.  If we finally come out on top, it will be an upset.  They will limit the long touchdown runs of sluder and birchfield.  The more plays you have to run before you score means there is greater risks for mistakes,  turnovers, etc.  Its the law of averages.  It will be a tough game for us.  It would really shock me if we were to establish the kind of dominance up front that we have the last 2 weeks.  I do think that our preparation and focus will be spot on.  These boys will play very very hard to defend our frozen field.  They really want to host a semi final game.  

We shall see, I have a ton of respect for Cloudland.  They are a tough group and I think it will be a close ballgame this year.  We not too bad up front either, we just don't hardly ever get out the spread this year. We basically have the same line as last year with the addition of 54 who just a freshman but he doing just fine.  Last year we just lined up in the T for the last half of the season and nobody stopped it till South Pittsburg.  SP had a couple of awesome defensive tackles that disrupted that tight formation from the get go.  If you can't win the line of scrimmage in the T formation then it's going to be a long night.  I don't know if you all will see the T formation this Friday though.  We've only used that formation a couple of times this year, against Oneida and Gordonsville. We've done pretty good out of the spread this year.  It will be interesting to see if we can stop your alls running game. We've not really played a team that just lines it up and runs it at you smash mouth.  

27 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

We shall see, I have a ton of respect for Cloudland.  They are a tough group and I think it will be a close ballgame this year.  We not too bad up front either, we just don't hardly ever get out the spread this year. We basically have the same line as last year with the addition of 54 who just a freshman but he doing just fine.  Last year we just lined up in the T for the last half of the season and nobody stopped it till South Pittsburg.  SP had a couple of awesome defensive tackles that disrupted that tight formation from the get go.  If you can't win the line of scrimmage in the T formation then it's going to be a long night.  I don't know if you all will see the T formation this Friday though.  We've only used that formation a couple of times this year, against Oneida and Gordonsville. We've done pretty good out of the spread this year.  It will be interesting to see if we can stop your alls running game. We've not really played a team that just lines it up and runs it at you smash mouth.  

I hope you can make the trip.  I'm sure most of the coalfield folk are familiar with our establishments in town.  As far as tight formations go,  I'd say the power I is probably the most violent if you have the personnel to effectively run the offense.  We've had to run it in the past because thats all we could run.  We run it this year because we have 300 lb bench pressers on the line and our big tight end is a good blocker.  We didn't have him against hampton.  We've done the most damage off tackle and birchfield has turned into a tremendous back.  Coalfield has number 50 who is very disruptive up front.  And number 60 and 55 are good linemen.  What impressed me was how well you stopped the run out of the 4-4.  The linebackers were not scared to fill them gaps.  On defense,  we'll have to really pay attention to #1.  He just looks the part.  The qb and #1 are really good runners.  

On 11/13/2021 at 12:10 PM, THE KING said:

I will say that I believe we are the underdog in this game.  I think about how the jackets played carter,  Gordonsville,  and oneida.  It concerns me because carter defeated Boone and Gordy only lost to TC by 4.  Just how good are these jackets?  

They’re pretty dang good. I like the direction the HC has them going. 

26 minutes ago, crow said:

They’re pretty dang good. I like the direction the HC has them going. 

Didn’t the head coach walk on at Tennessee then transferred to Tusculum. I would guess he has learned a lot of football. It’s nice to see them have a good year after all the school went through last year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Didn’t the head coach walk on at Tennessee then transferred to Tusculum. I would guess he has learned a lot of football. It’s nice to see them have a good year after all the school went through last year.

Not sure about UT but did play at Tusculum. I believe he spent some time as a GA there and they wanted him to stay more permanently but then “everything” sadly happened at coalfield and he had the chance to come home. At least that’s the way I was told it happened. 

9 minutes ago, crow said:

Not sure about UT but did play at Tusculum. I believe he spent some time as a GA there and they wanted him to stay more permanently but then “everything” sadly happened at coalfield and he had the chance to come home. At least that’s the way I was told it happened. 

I think he walked on at Tennessee 1st then went to Tusculum to play. 

18 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I think he walked on at Tennessee 1st then went to Tusculum to play. 

Sounds very reasonable. My son played there Tusculum) after Oneida. Got a lot of transfers from big schools all over at least at that time. 

Edited by crow