Coalfield comes to cland rd 3

THE KING

1 minute ago, powerp said:

Lol. Going to be a strength vs speed game. Hopefully the Pirates can compete once more. That rb can run

We're not quite as strong as that 2001 team so I hope we can at least challenge you guys.  You have a very good football team and we're definitely the underdog 

Just now, THE KING said:

We're not quite as strong as that 2001 team so I hope we can at least challenge you guys.  You have a very good football team and we're definitely the underdog 

Our boys took tonight’s game against Gordonsville personal. You could tell it from the stare downs and emotion. We can’t have an emotional let down against you guys or we will have a long, miserable drive back.

1 minute ago, powerp said:

Lol. Going to be a strength vs speed game. Hopefully the Pirates can compete once more. That rb can run

You guys are definitely the favorite. Just happy for these kids. My son grew up playing with most the on the team since flag football. Makes me wish he had one more year with them. Glad he got to see them win tonight since his college season is over.Really cool to see SP where they are at with what all they have had to deal with this year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Appvol said:

You guys are definitely the favorite. Just happy for these kids. My son grew up playing with most the on the team since flag football. Makes me wish he had one more year with them. Glad he got to see them win tonight since his college season is over.Really cool to see SP where they are at with what all they have had to deal with this year.

Yes. SP looked really bad early on. They had their head coach leave after installing new offense and defense. Plus, he was the only one that called the plays in both sides. Then, Covid kept the boys from playing for several weeks. That didn’t help a young SP team. The more the boys played, they started working together as a team. We have a few good seniors that lead the young guys. Have to stay hungry this week.

10 minutes ago, powerp said:

Yes. SP looked really bad early on. They had their head coach leave after installing new offense and defense. Plus, he was the only one that called the plays in both sides. Then, Covid kept the boys from playing for several weeks. That didn’t help a young SP team. The more the boys played, they started working together as a team. We have a few good seniors that lead the young guys. Have to stay hungry this week.

Yeah I was really looking forward to the Murphy game. Murphy beat the #1 seed in 1a Eastern Randolph tonight 64-31 in the quarterfinals.

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

All I can say is wow.  I've never witnessed a game like this at orr field in my lifetime.  The heart of Cland football cannot be denied.  After getting stripped on our own 7 and getting burned by gallion for the go ahead score,  Cland takes the football down the field and scores with 1.4 seconds left.  We could've given up but the spirit of zac Benfield hastaken the souls of these boys and inspired them to new heights.  I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to celebrate on our sacred field. It's been a long time coming 

It’ was the heart of these boys that won that game. They don’t want this season to end. They will play with everything in them to win. They don’t give up. I’m not taking anything from Zac; he called a good game. These boys were determined before season started to give it all they had. They’ll do the same next week, too. There’s no quit in them. 

3 minutes ago, GFD709SHREK said:

This was an awesome game. This was truly a slobber knocker. True smash mouth football. I loved the sportsmanship shown by the Highlanders every tackle they were helping Coalfield up. I hope that they can play with SP speed. Good luck next week.

Coalfield wasn't ready for the wildcat.  We did a good job keeping the lid tight about our qb but now the south Pitt folk have seen the game and it's a secret no more.  We were better than Coalfield up front.  We had 376 total yards to their 250.  It surprised me how well the defense played.  They made two insane catches in tight coverages or it's a 22-7 ballgame.   The thing that hurt the jackets is they were not used to battling against run blockers.  Our boy are very strong and they were not going to stop us on that last drive