Round 3 #1 GreenEville Vs #3 Betsy

DevilMan03

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman will have a say in 4A for the foreseeable future as well as these 2 teams. We had Alcoa on the ropes a couple of years ago at home and only a botched fumble call by the refs kept us out of the title game. Greeneville is the Gold Standard in 4A and Betsy is right up there with them but Upperman is well coached and has athletes at all positions. Looking forward to a new rivalry!

Will you be coming to Greeneville next week for the semi-finals?    If so we'll have to say hello...

1 hour ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Yeah we also were close to Alcoa and finally closed the gap but then moved up to 4a the next year after nearly beating them. But until another team proves otherwise 4a will be Greeneville and Elizabethtons to lose. 

Agreed! However, both teams have had the opportunity to continue a series with Alcoa. After verbally agreeing to play, deciding to cancel at the last moment. Sad, would have been some great games. 

Best of luck to both teams moving forward. :thumb:

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman will have a say in 4A for the foreseeable future as well as these 2 teams. We had Alcoa on the ropes a couple of years ago at home and only a botched fumble call by the refs kept us out of the title game. Greeneville is the Gold Standard in 4A and Betsy is right up there with them but Upperman is well coached and has athletes at all positions. Looking forward to a new rivalry!

That was a fairly good game. However, it was the correct call. 

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Ha!  "on the ropes"??:rolleyes: 

Then the F5 jumped off "the rope" onto them honey bees! :lol:

From The Top Rope GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

image.thumb.png.ac6754b24690b90cf967f0c200f68d6f.png

image.thumb.png.5523f6168fbf0e0afc32b616232f83d9.png

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

Agreed! However, both teams have had the opportunity to continue a series with Alcoa. After verbally agreeing to play, deciding to cancel at the last moment. Sad, would have been some great games. 

Best of luck to both teams moving forward. :thumb:

Would have loved to seen us play the last 3 years but I would still give Alcoa the edge over Betsy and that’s hard for me to say…lol

• Like 2

I have really enjoyed this season. Heck!  I love high school football period.  I have watch more games this year than I have in the last ten.  I have seen a bunch of teams at times play up to their potential and then at other times not so much. That’s the way high school football goes. I believe that Cyclones are much better now than when we played the Greene Devils before.  Many Cyclones fans were saying they were anxious or nervous about the game last time. Me, not this time. Many of the Betsy fans may not like my projection but here it is.  It will take the absolute BEST game all season to beat the Devils. I just don’t see us doing it. I believe they will show up and play hard but IMO will come up short. And we are to blame for it. Greeneville doesn’t need fuel for the fire. But last year scoring 44-10 on them at home wasn’t the best thing to do. This year, The Devils won 42-12 at our place. Just more fuel to the fire for these two. Betsy doesn’t have enough to hang for four quarters. Greeneville takes the “W” again. I do feel like it will be closer than last game.  But, it’s high school football and anything can still happen. Best to all, safe travels and here’s to hoping and praying for an injury free game. 

10 minutes ago, gr8tplay said:

I have really enjoyed this season. Heck!  I love high school football period.  I have watch more games this year than I have in the last ten.  I have seen a bunch of teams at times play up to their potential and then at other times not so much. That’s the way high school football goes. I believe that Cyclones are much better now than when we played the Greene Devils before.  Many Cyclones fans were saying they were anxious or nervous about the game last time. Me, not this time. Many of the Betsy fans may not like my projection but here it is.  It will take the absolute BEST game all season to beat the Devils. I just don’t see us doing it. I believe they will show up and play hard but IMO will come up short. And we are to blame for it. Greeneville doesn’t need fuel for the fire. But last year scoring 44-10 on them at home wasn’t the best thing to do. This year, The Devils won 42-12 at our place. Just more fuel to the fire for these two. Betsy doesn’t have enough to hang for four quarters. Greeneville takes the “W” again. I do feel like it will be closer than last game.  But, it’s high school football and anything can still happen. Best to all, safe travels and here’s to hoping and praying for an injury free game. 

I like your analysis but if one is going to play a team that can beat Greeneville, it is Betsy. A lot of hard earned respect between these two not just great teams, but programs. We are at the point that we positively feeding off each other like Maryville and Alcoa.

3 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I like your analysis but if one is going to play a team that can beat Greeneville, it is Betsy. A lot of hard earned respect between these two not just great teams, but programs. We are at the point that we positively feeding off each other like Maryville and Alcoa.

So true. I just don’t think there is a defense that can stop the “Double G” all game. Those two are excellent and really fun to watch. I’ m hoping we can win but from watching the Devils games this season, I just think they are at a slightly higher level this year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lawnman said:

Would have loved to seen us play the last 3 years but I would still give Alcoa the edge over Betsy and that’s hard for me to say…lol

As good as Greenevilles program is and has been why have they not played Alcoa? These two teams are relatively close in proximity to one another. I’ve got to believe that neither of the teams would be afraid to line up against the other so what am I missing here?

17 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

As good as Greenevilles program is and has been why have they not played Alcoa? These two teams are relatively close in proximity to one another. I’ve got to believe that neither of the teams would be afraid to line up against the other so what am I missing here?

Really not sure why but maybe some of the Devils fans that know the program better than I do can give you the answer to your question.