Round 3 #1 GreenEville Vs #3 Betsy

DevilMan03

1 hour ago, TarrantHightopp said:

Should be a high scoring affair. Are tickets online?

I’m not sure it will be a high scoring affair. GHS has given up 105 points in 12 games for not quite 9 points per game average. Betsy owns 12 of them. They also led the State in scoring with over 54 points a game. Football is basically a math game and the X’s and O’s are very important if everything is relatively equal. Then you add the Willies and Joe’s. Greene has 4 receivers and a running back who all run 4.4 to 4.5. Who do you double? What pressures do you bring? Then they have their QB who runs a 4.7 with ice veins. I think Betsy has their hands full.

However, I do believe Betsy is the one best 4A team in the state that can beat the Devils if the right bounces come their way.

Edited by noonesfool
  • Upvote 1

Tons of respect for both of these programs. My hope is that Fulton can get back to the Fulton of a few years ago. A long way to go….. This game is intriguing but I witnessed first hand what Greeneville was all about last week. 

Taking Greeneville by several trickles….

and I do mean several…

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, lawnman said:

I believe Betsy has a chance if that play there best game of the year and no turnovers or costly penalties.

For sure Betsy has a chance.Very few Devil fans were comfortable early in the first game and then when Fulton was coming back 28-12, but it was to little and not enough depth. Elizabethton has the best team the Devils have faced in the playoffs.As all of us know, penalties and turnovers can equal out a game in a hurry.Not that Elizabethton needs them to win.The last couple of years have shown that one or the other may be the favorite but being the favorite is not a guaranteed win. I won't rest easy on this season until the championship game is won and Elizabethton is a huge hurdle in the Devils doing that. Once again,I hope the Devils win but whoever does win is not finished by a long shot this year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

For sure Betsy has a chance.Very few Devil fans were comfortable early in the first game and then when Fulton was coming back 28-12, but it was to little and not enough depth. Elizabethton has the best team the Devils have faced in the playoffs.As all of us know, penalties and turnovers can equal out a game in a hurry.Not that Elizabethton needs them to win.The last couple of years have shown that one or the other may be the favorite but being the favorite is not a guaranteed win. I won't rest easy on this season until the championship game is won and Elizabethton is a huge hurdle in the Devils doing that. Once again,I hope the Devils win but whoever does win is not finished by a long shot this year. 

And I for one will be pulling for the victor of this game all the way!