Round 3 #1 GreenEville Vs #3 Betsy

DevilMan03

1 hour ago, Tab said:

I did not understand why Greeneville just let Rollins run the same play the whole game and never changed their defense. They did blitz a few times but that was all. Also first half if QB would have kept the ball he had 15 yards every time also why not send all 4 receivers long and give it to Grudger? Greeneville could not throw it deep that got exposed. Seems like to me Greeneville got in a close game and did not know what to do. Elizabethton went 5 wide Greeneville could not stop them but Elizabethton never stayed in that formation long. Idk if Rollins will be able to get out of bed until Tuesday but he carried them and their Defense played unreal

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking that...I was sitting there and was like dang if he had kept that he would still be running. Felt like I said it over and over. 

35 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking that...I was sitting there and was like dang if he had kept that he would still be running. Felt like I said it over and over. 

Greenville had 5 plays in there playbook and that’s all they can run.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Datoad said:

I really hope that young man that jumped off line does not feel bad. 

1. I wish we had a whole team full of young men with his zeal (in fact we do sometimes). They had stopped us 2 prior attempts from getting a first down and it was because of the kind of zeal, aggression and energy that young man displayed. 

2. With that kind of energy pinned up and ready to explode on the next play and then Collins with his hard snap counts, I do not fault him for it, I commend him for it. It was that kind of energy that stopped us the two prior times and held us the whole game. 

3. Besides that, we were very close to getting another 1st down and I am sure (maybe) we could have.

4. The clock was too far gone for this to have much of an effect.

I know he might feel bad but I really hope he does not. He is a great player and because of players like him, Greeneville is the  quality team that they are. I hope he is not a senior, would love to see him and more like him play in the future. Makes for a GREAT game. 

Thank you Greenedevils for your zeal, determination,support and humility you have show to us now and have in the past.

We trash talk on Coacht throughout the year but in the end we are there for each other. Thank You!

Can't wait till the next time we meet.

Glad you all are on our side and pulling for us.

Thank You Greeneville,

Datoadster

Edited by Datoad
Wording mistake
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Tread carefully here. Bvd is a good sport but has been sidelined much of the year with some serious health issues. 

I understand what your saying and the health issues,  but tread carefully?  Get lost,  he was on video last week heading to Knoxville talking that mess. I’ve always enjoyed your post,  but tread carefully.....  from the couch.

• Like 1

It was 13 to 7 and Greeneville started their drive on Elizabethton’s 45 and could not score that was the game. They ran a couple of dumb plays and on 4th and 9 threw a 3 yard pass. If Greeneville scores there and makes XTP then they are up 14 to 13 and not much time left so Elizabethton would have to change their offensive strategy some. If I was a Greeneville fan I would look at the offense sure the defense gave up a lot of yards but just 13 points.

This group of seniors are the winningest group in school history and have seen it all and just find way to win in the big games and none even bigger than last night.So proud of these players and coaches and this whole community.Just about forgot they have not lost to SH in there career and have beat the Devils 5 out of 7 and are back to back State Champs and all I can say is woooooooooo!!!

Edited by lawnman
  • Upvote 1