Powell vs. Rhea (5A Quarterfinal)

FHSAlum12

2 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Wing T Offense vs. Recess Ball. What are our thoughts?

Powell's defense has really improved as the year has gone on. But can they be disciplined enough to defend the Wing-T, especially one as potent as this Rhea County bunch? I really don't know. Having Walter Nolan in the middle of that line will help, but can the rest of the defense play assignment football?

Not that anything I’m about to say matters at all, but I at least found it interesting. Powell and Rhea have 5 common opponents this year. 

Anderson Co, Karns, Campbell Co, Ooltewah, and McMinn Co

Powell outscored those teams by 156 points in total, for an average win margin of 31.2 points. 

Rhea outscored those teams by 81 points in total, for an average win margin of 16.2 points. 

a solid run game vs a solid pass game. Should be interesting 

Edited by KnoxPhoto

These two teams played a few times back in the earlier part of the century, both in playoff and regular season games.  

It was a good series for a few years, but it's been a while since they played.  Powell folks should be happy that it's a home game.  Evensville is one of those places that you just can't get to from here, or pretty much from anywhere. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HTV said:

These two teams played a few times back in the earlier part of the century, both in playoff and regular season games.  

It was a good series for a few years, but it's been a while since they played.  Powell folks should be happy that it's a home game.  Evensville is one of those places that you just can't get to from here, or pretty much from anywhere. 

I think they played in the 2nd round two years ago with Powell winning that one, right? And absolute truth on going to their place. I went to the Powell game there in 2011. What a haul 

Edited by KnoxPhoto