Powell vs. Rhea (5A Quarterfinal)

FHSAlum12

7 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Interesting, another person that thinks that Powell is as good  as Alcoa and Elizabethton... 

I don't hardly think so.  I see this game coming down to a mistake by one team... One score game.

I wouldn't put this year's Elizabethton team in the same sentence with Alcoa. Greeneville,  yes, but not Elizabethton. 

And that particular poster has very close ties to this Powell team, so it's not surprising that he sees things a bit biased. 

Powell has the talent to compete on that level, but until they learn to play with more discipline they aren't there.  

10 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Interesting, another person that thinks that Powell is as good  as Alcoa and Elizabethton... 

I don't hardly think so.  I see this game coming down to a mistake by one team... One score game.

Odd combo of teams to compare to....

I wouldn't say Powell is as good as Alcoa or Maryville (shown earlier in the year).

But I would say Powell beats betsy by 21+

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

Odd combo of teams to compare to....

I wouldn't say Powell is as good as Alcoa or Maryville (shown earlier in the year).

But I would say Powell beats betsy by 21+

Powell isn't beating Betsy by 21+ could they with the talent they have? Yes, but way to undisciplined to beat them by that and Betsy is way more disciplined .  By your math is Powell 41 points better than Rhea then since Betsy beat them by 20 earlier in the year?

• Like 1

We shall see... Line 'em up!!!  Offensively, I honestly think that coach Pemberton is smart enough to scheme around Walter.  If Powell loads the box, we can go over the top.  Defensively, I know that Powell will get their points.  Contrary to popular belief, I still say that this should be a close game.

1 minute ago, ADS1 said:

We shall see... Line 'em up!!!  Offensively, I honestly think that coach Pemberton is smart enough to scheme around Walter.  If Powell loads the box, we can go over the top.  Defensively, I know that Powell will get their points.  Contrary to popular belief, I still say that this should be a close game.

Ive always believed that when going up against a great DL, you don't avoid him, you go right at him. The trap play has neutralized many a great DL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Powell isn't beating Betsy by 21+ could they with the talent they have? Yes, but way to undisciplined to beat them by that and Betsy is way more disciplined .  By your math is Powell 41 points better than Rhea then since Betsy beat them by 20 earlier in the year?

Rhea only beat Karns by 15 or so......and Karns put up 40 plus......and you don't think Powell can win by 21 because they are not disciplined.....lol  If discipline is the only thing Powell has to worry about (according to most) then they will be just fine. lol 

4 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Rhea only beat Karns by 15 or so......and Karns put up 40 plus......and you don't think Powell can win by 21 because they are not disciplined.....lol  If discipline is the only thing Powell has to worry about (according to most) then they will be just fine. lol 

Against the Wing-T, discipline is pretty much everything

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

Against the Wing-T, discipline is pretty much everything

Agreed, and Powell will make some mistakes (discipline) but not every time Rhea gets the ball.  And at some point Powell will go on offense, and according to Rhea fans.  There weakest part of there D is the secondary.  If that is true?  It will be a long night for Rhea.  

1 minute ago, keepitmoving said:

Agreed, and Powell will make some mistakes (discipline) but not every time Rhea gets the ball.  And at some point Powell will go on offense, and according to Rhea fans.  There weakest part of there D is the secondary.  If that is true?  It will be a long night for Rhea.  

Will you be helping the Nolan Family pack their Uhaul as they head to Texas.