Powell vs. Rhea (5A Quarterfinal)

FHSAlum12

Both of these teams are very capable of scoring a lot of points and they both have had games were they allowed a lot of points to other really good offensive teams.    I could be wrong, but neither defensive looks like one of those defensive type teams that good offensive teams have trouble adjusting their plan to.   Both teams are probably confident they can and will score points if they play error free football and they should be.

We are in the part of the playoffs where all the teams are good teams and playing complete error free football becomes the deciding factor.  So I think it is going to come down to  which team makes the least mistakes - mistakes which removes their ability to score or gives the other team "easy points".   

The Eagles have been playing really good football since the loss at Elizabethan, going about the business of doing what it takes to win regardless of the opponent.  

I'm going with the Eagles in what will likely be one of those games not for the faint of heart. 

• Like 1

I'm really torn on this one. Either Rhea runs all over Powell (similar to what we saw against Karns) or the trio of Nolen, Soles, and Stanford blow up the point of attack and consistently put the Eagles off schedule. I really don't know which we will see, but the Panthers better be prepared to play their assignments tonight. I also think Stockton is going to be used a lot to keep Rhea's defense off balance.

This game feels like a toss-up to me, but I think the cold could be an interesting factor that should play in Rhea's favor. Looking forward to a great game!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

This game feels like a toss-up to me, but I think the cold could be an interesting factor that should play in Rhea's favor. Looking forward to a great game!

osunut2...Feeling uncertain? Think both teams can win? Well, you've come to the right place. Just do what I did :

On this tread, I picked Rhea County. On the CoachT.com Big Ones Contest  I selected Powell.

3 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

osunut2...Feeling uncertain? Think both teams can win? Well, you've come to the right place. Just do what I did :

On this tread, I picked Rhea County. On the CoachT.com Big Ones Contest  I selected Powell.

Lol, Willie you ain't right! No, wait a minute, I did the same thing, only picked the opposite, Powell on here, Rhea Co. on the Big Ones contest. I need some upset on the contest to get back in it.

5 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Lol, Willie you ain't right! No, wait a minute, I did the same thing, only picked the opposite, Powell on here, Rhea Co. on the Big Ones contest. I need some upset on the contest to get back in it.

Once you fall behind on The Big One Contest it is almost over for you. I've seen some people get back in he game but I've never have done it.

It’s Game Day!!! It’s going to be nice and frosty tonight. It will be interesting to see how that plays into it. The one thing on defense for Rhea that I would like to see is creating turnovers.  That is something we really haven’t done as much of this year. Outside the game with Campbell Co when we had 4 INTs we really haven’t forced a lot of turnovers in 12 games.

• Like 1