Powell vs. Rhea (5A Quarterfinal)

FHSAlum12

Just now, ADS1 said:

I would like to see a good one for Powell. I wish we could have given a little better game for you all..

You guys just fell off schedule on every single drive of the first half. You guys are a completely different bunch when you are getting 5+ yards a carry, like you did for much of the second half.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ADS1 said:

1st half was really sad for the Eagles.  Powell is definitely busting our tails.  Let's see what the second half holds.

RUN THE BALL COACH!!!

They couldn't.  lol  Powell could of won by as many as they wanted to.  Try to tell everyone.....stop over thinking this game.  Powell dominated on both sides of the ball up until the 1st possession of the 3rd.  Powell called the dogs off after that and started subbing out, and running the ball.   

10 hours ago, RCfan said:

Congrats to Powell on the win. Big Walter sure is a force in the middle of the D line and the overall speed of the Powell defense is impressive. The Eagles just couldn’t get it going until it was to late to matter. Good luck to the Panthers next week against West. 

They got it going after Powell went up 27-0 and called the dogs off.  Powell could of won by as many as they wanted to.  

11 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I agree, Powell's offense will have to play a lot better if they have any chance of beating West.

Powell was taking what was given to them last night.  Stockton had a great game rushing for 150 yards.  Powell did play it very conservative cause they didn't need to do to much.   After they went up 27-0 they called off the dogs and packed it in.  They maybe threw the ball 3 times after that.  They wanted to get out of the cold...lol and run the clock.  

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

They got it going after Powell went up 27-0 and called the dogs off.  Powell could of won by as many as they wanted to.  

This seals it for me…. Powell calling the dogs off and subbing tells me everything I need to know….. West with negative chances this next Friday. Having the ability to do this and keeping it simple and very vanilla as Nut and Pops said, really works in favor of the Panthers. To do what they did to Rhea is an incredible feat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell was taking what was given to them last night.  Stockton had a great game rushing for 150 yards.  Powell did play it very conservative cause they didn't need to do to much.   After they went up 27-0 they called off the dogs and packed it in.  They maybe threw the ball 3 times after that.  They wanted to get out of the cold...lol and run the clock.  

I agree, they kept it simple because they could. Built that lead and just coasted from there. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/17/2021 at 3:06 PM, oridgecat said:

Yeah but just because they can watch it and understand the scheme doesn't mean  that they can actually execute it and be good at it in a week.  The hardest part is simulating it in practice to give your defense a good look at it.  Simulating the speed and precision of the Rhea offense can't be done by a high school scout team especially in three practices.  

But….Alcoa and Elizabethton’s coaching staffs did……and apparently so did Powell’s?