Quarter Finals: Riverside @ Forrest

@38320

On 11/13/2021 at 7:00 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Riverside better be 2017 Waverly if they are gonna score 35 on Forrest's defense. I am betting they aren't. 

However, my logical brain says 20-6 Riverside. But there's more to playoff football than logic. 

I am picking Forrest to win this game.  This is literary genius by none other than God Himself.

Forrest is 12-0 in 2019 and loses a game they were favored to win, 21-16, to Riverside based on 2 of the worst calls you will ever see.   https://www.marshalltribune.com/stories/rockets-robbed-in-state-quarterfinal,15812?

In 2021, almost 2 years later to the day, a heavily favored Riverside returns to The Rock. If you can't see what's brewing you've never read Shakespeare, Jung, or John Keenan, and you've definitely never paid attention during the 1000 plus sports redemption movies that are out there. This is Rocky II, live from Marshall County in 6 days.  And I personally cannot wait. 

If Eli doesn't pitch this as a chance to make all that's right in the universe with a revenge win, well, let's face it, he will be nowhere near this angle. He doesn't have it in him. But the angle is clearly there. 

In regards to the refs in 2019 the spot on the field to end the game was correct as I was on the field and had as good a view as anyone, #6 clearly stepped out of bounds at the 8 when needing to get to the 6. The penalty on the punt is another story our gunner was hit simultaneously with the punt  a call which could’ve went either way, personally don’t like the call but definitely glad they made it. Regardless the better team won that night and the outcome didn’t matter In the end nobody was stopping Peabody. Also Hope Forrest doesn’t have fans come on to the field causing a scene trying to fight refs after this loss like in 2019.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This game will be a great game. It should be close, but you really never know. Forrest has a stable of great running backs and a very capable QB! Riverside has some veteran players returning on the line and they also have a great QB. We are hoping its not a messy field like in 2019, but the home guys will be ready for this team. 

Watch the game FREE on TennesseeSportsNet as we begin our coverage at 6pm. > https://tennesseesportsnet.com/live-sports-play-by-play/

Riverside-at-Forrest-Rockets-Nov-19-scal

58 minutes ago, TSNSports said:

This game will be a great game. It should be close, but you really never know. Forrest has a stable of great running backs and a very capable QB! Riverside has some veteran players returning on the line and they also have a great QB. We are hoping its not a messy field like in 2019, but the home guys will be ready for this team. 

Watch the game FREE on TennesseeSportsNet as we begin our coverage at 6pm. > https://tennesseesportsnet.com/live-sports-play-by-play/

Riverside-at-Forrest-Rockets-Nov-19-scal

Thanks for posting that. A lot of people won’t b able to attend and was wondering about that. Heard ya did a good job 

10 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

In regards to the refs in 2019 the spot on the field to end the game was correct as I was on the field and had as good a view as anyone, #6 clearly stepped out of bounds at the 8 when needing to get to the 6. The penalty on the punt is another story our gunner was hit simultaneously with the punt  a call which could’ve went either way,

the final spot happened on Forrests side. assuming you were on the opposite side you were in literally the worst spot to judge. it was not a 2 yards gap to anyone. asinine statements. 

the call cannot go either way. terrible post. admit you were gifted and move on. 

10 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

In regards to the refs in 2019 the spot on the field to end the game was correct as I was on the field and had as good a view as anyone, #6 clearly stepped out of bounds at the 8 when needing to get to the 6. The penalty on the punt is another story our gunner was hit simultaneously with the punt  a call which could’ve went either way, personally don’t like the call but definitely glad they made it. Regardless the better team won that night and the outcome didn’t matter In the end nobody was stopping Peabody. Also Hope Forrest doesn’t have fans come on to the field causing a scene trying to fight refs after this loss like in 2019.

Spot on brother 

27 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

the final spot happened on Forrests side. assuming you were on the opposite side you were in literally the worst spot to judge. it was not a 2 yards gap to anyone. asinine statements. 

the call cannot go either way. terrible post. admit you were gifted and move on. 

I definitely was on the field and involved in the play, he was short and the placement was correct. 

Edited by RiversideP