Quarter Finals: Riverside @ Forrest

@38320

33 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

For someone who's posts are generally defined as "fire, aim," you sure do get offended easily.  

Just like the media, you are always a deflector. Can't wait to see your "I told you so" post about Forrest losing. You aren't a real general because real generals don't bash their own squad.

17 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

I'm the most objective person here.  Almost no one knows how to process that 

No lies told here, we have for sure had our back and forths for certain, never could I say you are a homer or hater for any team ! I know you love your Rockets, but call it like you see it ! I might not always agree but always respect your opinion, imagine that, people can disagree and still be cordial !!!! 
Ido lo ve a good underdog story as well as redemption story as well, so , that’s being said

Go Rockets

4 hours ago, Salem said:

After watching available games online with Riverside against E Hickman, Huntingdon, and Lewis I'm not sure this team is as good as the 2019 squad especially on defense. Riverside has an All State caliber defensive lineman and #90 is solid but the rest of the defensive guys are comparable to Summertown. Lots of young guys and several matchups a good OC can take advantage of. Offensively, they're very close to East Robertson when all the Groves are healthy. O line is about the same. East Robertson backs and receivers are better but Riverside's QB is much better running and throwing. 

Fans who cough up the $10 TSSAA gate fee  should see a closely contested quarterfinal game that's decided in the 4th quarter. Previous matchups have been 21-15 (2019), 35-30 (2014), and 23-20 (2013). All were tossups decided on the last plays of the game. 

However, The Forrest offense has the ability to make this prediction go up in smoke. They've played two solid defenses this year and put up 3 points on Marion's starters and 6 on Cornersville via a trick play. They also turned the ball over in their own red zone in both games. Against good teams we struggle to score any points or even get first downs. Against bad teams we struggle to score 14 points without the defense or special teams setting us up. Riverside should play a similar defensive scheme as 2019 and Forrest has had two years to agonize over what they did and did not call in that game and all week to make adjustments that weren't made in 2019. May or may not be a good one but it will definitely be a cold one!

The main difference between the 2019 and this years riverside team is definitely the offense. In 2019 when It came playoff time we put one of our best WR at QB and ran pretty much wildcat schemes the whole playoffs passing only a handful of times. Come this year Riverside offense is as balanced as it has been in a long time. Hernandez, who was a sophomore on that 2019, is a senior this year and has matured greatly and is playing the best ball he ever has. This years offense is a lot better especially since the others may not know what’s coming. In terms of the defense, it may not be on the same level but it is not far off at all. I know Coach Frost will have a excellent game plan and will adjust when needed! Panthers win this one 35-14

Edited by RiversideP
  • Like 3