Quarter Finals: Riverside @ Forrest

@38320

15 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Told you youngsters this was going to be a close game! 

23 hours ago, RiversideP said:

I know Coach Frost will have a excellent game plan and will adjust when needed! Panthers win this one 35-14

On 11/19/2021 at 10:14 AM, Salem said:

Fans who cough up the $10 TSSAA gate fee  should see a closely contested quarterfinal game that's decided in the 4th quarter.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:26 AM, WingT08 said:

Riverside by a lot

On 11/17/2021 at 11:14 AM, vandyfan1 said:

This is why I think it will be a very close game! Good post Salem.

On 11/19/2021 at 9:43 AM, TRamrod38 said:

I do not think it will be close, but do not think the mercy rule will take effect, if it does it will be late in the game but I do not see Forrest winning this game unless Riverside has a let down.

We tried to tell them. There are different levels of teams in 1A and 2A. Neither Forrest or Riverside is an elite 2A team. It's not a knock on either, it's just reality.  Forrest or Riverside would battle for the 4 spot in Regions 3 or 4. But we will probably meet again next season for a trip to the semis and hopefully another classic!  This week we can be thankful for geography and TSSAA alignment!  If I missed your really bad prediction I'm sorry. :) 

17 hours ago, @38320 said:

Rockets should be up by at least 17 with two interceptions and a fumble recovery.  Forrest video coverage is excellent. They even have a replay on most plays. Frostie will make some adjustments at the half.  

This is the feeling a Forrest fan has had after 90% of all Forrest games since 2018. Whatever you think the offense should score you can subtract 14-28 points a game. No team misses more opportunities and leaves more points on the field. That should be unacceptable and regardless of what you think about the @GeneralForrest's criticism and frustration; it is warranted.  This is 4 seasons of offensive futility that has nullified the effort and hard work of 4 good group of kids. 

5 hours ago, Salem said:

We tried to tell them. There are different levels of teams in 1A and 2A. Neither Forrest or Riverside is an elite 2A team. It's not a knock on either, it's just reality.  Forrest or Riverside would battle for the 4 spot in Regions 3 or 4. But we will probably meet again next season for a trip to the semis and hopefully another classic!  This week we can be thankful for geography and TSSAA alignment!  If I missed your really bad prediction I'm sorry. :) 

This is the feeling a Forrest fan has had after 90% of all Forrest games since 2018. Whatever you think the offense should score you can subtract 14-28 points a game. No team misses more opportunities and leaves more points on the field. That should be unacceptable and regardless of what you think about the @GeneralForrest's criticism and frustration; it is warranted.  This is 4 seasons of offensive futility that has nullified the effort and hard work of 4 good group of kids. 

After this game, I see your point. 

• Upvote 1

12 games.

48 quarters.

576 minutes of football. 

All to have it come down to a 4th and 7 with a little under 2 minutes to go. Make the play, you are very deep in Riverside territory with enough time to score and leave Riverside with virtually no clock. 

1 timeout. 2 timeouts. Time to see, analyze, rethink, reinforce, double check, and much more. 

And the play Eli comes up with will baffle the most brilliant scholars of our time for generations. Stephen Hawking is in heaven with Einstein, Copernicus, Poe, Picasso, Freud, and they are all in a circle around Christ Himself asking "HOW ON EARTH IS THAT WHAT FORREST DRAWS UP!?!?"

That 4th and 7 play was the illegitimate conjoined twin children of a Hail Mary, a busted play, a screen pass and bootleg. You took a runner with a good arm within reason and had him sling something way downfield into a spot where there was 1 Forrest player and 76 Panthers. At least that's how it seemed.    

Game over. 

Give Riverside credit on several things. 

1. The onside kick was the game. It was so brilliantly timed. So apropos in the moment where Riverside was really feeling the momentum swing. Caught Forrest completely off guard and led to the 2nd TD in the blink of an eye. 

2. Riverside played awful, 3 picks and a fumble. Got stuffed when they had a 1st and goal inside the 5. QB was off. Offensive rhythm seemed off quite a bit in the passing game. Forrest had something to do with that. But Riverside found a way to win.

3. 91 and 44 were loads. Great running. Great variety of styles. Forrest was in position a lot of times and couldn't bring them down. 

So hats off. I am tired to losing to Riverside, but once again, it was a 1 score game. The better team won. No ref fiasco this year. 

Final points

- Forrest's offense was having success. The illegal shift penalty on the last drive was a killer when you are predicated on averaging 3-4 yards a carry and going for it on 4th a lot. Put them in 1st and 15 and next thing you knew it it was 4th and 7.   

- #6  for Forrest came in the 2nd half and was an obvious difference maker, and we all know it. Where was he the previous 6 quarters? This is his team next year. He is a special talent.

- The Wildcat stuff with Swift was working. I'll give Eli credit for trying something to break up the Riverside D. 

- I thought the Riverside player fumbled in the 4th when he was slung down behind the lines. I didn't see the replay though. Didn't impact the game. Forrest got the interception 2 plays later. 

Good luck Riverside. I don't know anything about Westview. You've been there before. And you're at home. Stay close early and you have some good players, you never know. Hernandez will bounce back this Friday,  and 91 and 44 are for real. 

See y'all next year. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

12 games.

48 quarters.

576 minutes of football. 

All to have it come down to a 4th and 7 with a little under 2 minutes to go. Make the play, you are very deep in Riverside territory with enough time to score and leave Riverside with virtually no clock. 

1 timeout. 2 timeouts. Time to see, analyze, rethink, reinforce, double check, and much more. 

And the play Eli comes up with will baffle the most brilliant scholars of our time for generations. Stephen Hawking is in heaven with Einstein, Copernicus, Poe, Picasso, Freud, and they are all in a circle around Christ Himself asking "HOW ON EARTH IS THAT WHAT FORREST DRAWS UP!?!?"

That 4th and 7 play was the illegitimate conjoined twin children of a Hail Mary, a busted play, a screen pass and bootleg. You took a runner with a good arm within reason and had him sling something way downfield into a spot where there was 1 Forrest player and 76 Panthers. At least that's how it seemed.    

Game over. 

1. The onside kick was the game. It was so brilliantly timed. So apropos in the moment where Riverside was really feeling the momentum swing. Caught Forrest completely off guard and led to the 2nd TD in the blink of an eye. 

2. Riverside played awful, 3 picks and a fumble. Got stuffed when they had a 1st and goal inside the 5. QB was off. Offensive rhythm seemed off quite a bit in the passing game. Forrest had something to do with that. But Riverside found a way to win.

3. 91 and 44 were loads. Great running. Great variety of styles. Forrest was in position a lot of times and couldn't bring them down. 

So hats off. I am tired to losing to Riverside, but once again, it was a 1 score game. The better team won. No ref fiasco this year. 

Final points

- Forrest's offense was having success. The illegal shift penalty on the last drive was a killer when you are predicated on averaging 3-4 yards a carry and going for it on 4th a lot. Put them in 1st and 15 and next thing you knew it it was 4th and 7.   

- #6  for Forrest came in the 2nd half and was an obvious difference maker, and we all know it. Where was he the previous 6 quarters? This is his team next year. He is a special talent.

- The Wildcat stuff with Swift was working. I'll give Eli credit for trying something to break up the Riverside D. 

- I thought the Riverside player fumbled in the 4th when he was slung down behind the lines. I didn't see the replay though. Didn't impact the game. Forrest got the interception 2 plays later. 

Good luck Riverside. I don't know anything about Westview. You've been there before. And you're at home. Stay close early and you have some good players, you never know. Hernandez will bounce back this Friday,  and 91 and 44 are for real. 

See y'all next year. 

King General.

3 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

12 games.

48 quarters.

576 minutes of football. 

Game over. 

Final points

See y'all next year. 

Your right in every observation u made. Especially the onside kick. A brilliant call that you could say Riverside doesn’t win if they don’t recover it. But I will say I thought Forrest would fold after the resulting touchdown making it 15-3 after the two scores. I was wrong. They put together their best drive and after fourteen plays made it 15-10 and put themselves in a position to win late. Idk why every time we play it has to come down to the last play 

1 minute ago, Bigpun54 said:

But I will say I thought Forrest would fold after the resulting touchdown making it 15-3

So did I.

I will admit it's puzzling and frustrating that this team the last 2 years has exactly zero come from behind wins late, much unlike the 2016 and 2019 teams. If you got up by 2 scores on this team, you win. 

2 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Your right in every observation u made. Especially the onside kick. A brilliant call that you could say Riverside doesn’t win if they don’t recover it. But I will say I thought Forrest would fold after the resulting touchdown making it 15-3 after the two scores. I was wrong. They put together their best drive and after fourteen plays made it 15-10 and put themselves in a position to win late. Idk why every time we play it has to come down to the last play 

It was a bit of deja vu

On 11/13/2021 at 6:00 PM, GeneralForrest said:

In 2021, almost 2 years later to the day, a heavily favored Riverside returns to The Rock. If you can't see what's brewing you've never read Shakespeare, Jung, or John Keenan, and you've definitely never paid attention during the 1000 plus sports redemption movies that are out there. This is Rocky II, live from Marshall County in 6 days.  And I personally cannot wait. 

You almost nailed it. Only Shakespeare we had was how does he out coach thee, let me count the ways.  

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

12 games.   48 quarters.   576 minutes of football. 

Game over. 

Very good assessment. Defense was amazing. Players effort was amazing. Offense and one special team screw up were not amazing. I'm travelling tonight but will touch on your other points this week.

Huge play. Worthy of a breakdown. 4th and 6 ball is on the 16 yard line. To set the play up.  We're on the right hash so not much room to sprint out right. We have 5 minutes to come up with a play for 6 yards after a pair of timeouts. We line up with #9 at wingback one on one on the left side with lots of space- he's our playmaker. Defender is overplaying the inside. Post Corner, slant-out, slant and go are all available.  #80 is at TE on the left and #2 is probably our best receiver but not the best blocker is on the right wing. Scouting report says sprint out pass. Our best edge blockers are #6 or 22  (on the sideline) and #80 (who's on the left).  Best lineman are all on the left. #15 is lines up at WR on the right. #1 is the RB.

Again we need 6 yards just like 2019. So the OC has really had 2 years to think about a play on 4th and 6 against Riverside at the end of the game in the red zone in the state quarterfinals. This exact situation.

We call a roll out pass to the short side of the field away from our best blockers.  The side without a TE to help block. The defensive end and outside linebacker come through untouched and the QB makes a great play to avoid the sack but has zero time to look downfield and has to force a desperation throw into the end zone before he's run out of bounds. There are 4 defenders around #9 as he drags all the way across and an inside LB makes a play. They lined up to take away the roll out pass right. That's what good coaches do. Our lineman were so close together there was no where to run inside so they just sent everyone off the corner. The play had no chance from the snap. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 10:25 AM, LeroyBrown said:

The Forrest staff continues to have great success and make playoff runs with limited talent. Great job guys! 

Careful patting yourself on the back so hard you might strain a rotator cuff. 

Nice dig at the players about their limited talent. So the coaches' success is in spite of his players' talent. Everyone knows what's limiting the Forrest football program and it's not players. 

Look how you felt about dogging high school kids and talking ish about them a few months ago.

FORREST AT MARION 2021

LeroyBrown replied to GeneralForrest's topic in Class 1A & Class 2A

Last time I checked, I wasn't on here dogging high school kids clown. Go to practice. ...........coward!

You're a real tough guy talking ish about high school kids.........they laid down? You're pathetic. And there's nothing to dispute. I learned a long time ago that you can't argue with an idiot, which you clearly are. 

On 12/3/2021 at 3:12 PM, Salem said:

Careful patting yourself on the back so hard you might strain a rotator cuff. 

Nice dig at the players about their limited talent. So the coaches' success is in spite of his players' talent. Everyone knows what's limiting the Forrest football program and it's not players. 

Look how you felt about dogging high school kids and talking ish about them a few months ago.

FORREST AT MARION 2021

LeroyBrown replied to GeneralForrest's topic in Class 1A & Class 2A

Last time I checked, I wasn't on here dogging high school kids clown. Go to practice. ...........coward!

You're a real tough guy talking ish about high school kids.........they laid down? You're pathetic. And there's nothing to dispute. I learned a long time ago that you can't argue with an idiot, which you clearly are. 

CLOWN!!!!! There's a big difference in questioning heart and effort and pointing out fact. How many Forrest players have big-time colleges recruiting them? The players there aren't stupid. They know what limits they have athletically. Also, you're beating a dead horse thinking that I'm Eli or any other coach on the staff. I can assure you they have much better things to do than interact with message board losers. Again, congrats coach on your success. Everybody that knows anything about football knows the tremendous job you and your staff have done. Jealousy is a heck of a drug.