Playoffs Quarterfinals: Henry County @ Springfield

BigRed88

On 11/13/2021 at 10:29 AM, BigRed88 said:

Question for my HC posters. I know Cole Townsend was out in the first meeting with Springfield but was Jayce Kendall also out? That's two MAJOR impact players, not even including Morgan Barrick who has showed out at RB

Jayce Kendall and Javion Boyd were both out that week. Boyd, like Kendall, is small but mighty. HC has been plagued by injury this year. Senior Sam Patterson fullback/tailback had a pre-season  injury that has taken him out all season. Caden Marshall and Javion Boyd have both struggled with injuries a large portion of the season, and Cole Townsend’s ankle injury had him sidelined for several games. If HC had been 100% healthy this year, and the coaching changes recently made had been in place from the start, you would have seen a much different HC team this year. They are reaching their stride at the right time, so it should be a very different game than the one Springfield experienced earlier in the season. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GoBigRedPats said:

Jayce Kendall and Javion Boyd were both out that week. Boyd, like Kendall, is small but mighty. HC has been plagued by injury this year. Senior Sam Patterson fullback/tailback had a pre-season  injury that has taken him out all season. Caden Marshall and Javion Boyd have both struggled with injuries a large portion of the season, and Cole Townsend’s ankle injury had him sidelined for several games. If HC had been 100% healthy this year, and the coaching changes recently made had been in place from the start, you would have seen a much different HC team this year. They are reaching their stride at the right time, so it should be a very different game than the one Springfield experienced earlier in the season. 

Oh I absolutely agree with this!!! You nailed it my friend. The good thing for us Patriot fans is we are peaking at the right time. Kind of reminds me of that 2008 New York Giants team that barely made the playoffs, but then got hot at the right time and went to the Super Bowl and beat the undefeated New England Patriots. 

Henry is a physical team but very slow, and looked even slower on that Munford grass last Friday night.

I see the Jackets kicking it deep and making Henry drive the length of the field, seeing what they really have and not letting them start every drive at the 50 or better. Plenty of holes in that Henry secondary.

Henry honestly looks slower as a team than they did earlier this season.

3rd Quarterfinals game for this very experienced senior class, think Henry will be surprised when they see this Springfield team at home in SPT playoff mode!

Edited by ilovethegame
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

Henry is a physical team but very slow, and looked even slower on that Munford grass last Friday night.

I see the Jackets kicking it deep and making Henry drive the length of the field, seeing what they really have and not letting them start every drive at the 50 or better. Plenty of holes in that Henry secondary.

3rd Quarterfinals game for this very experienced senior class, think Henry will be surprised when they see this Springfield team at home in SPT playoff mode!

Should be a cake walk for the jokets  then. I don’t know if Lurch has the skill set to take advantage of our really slow hole filled secondary though 

18 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

These kids have heard it all, they are too slow, too small, poor secondary, all that talk, THEY'VE HEARD IT!!!! I can promise you one thing, Henry County is coming to Springfield and we have a giant chip on our shoulder! It's time to prove all the DOUBTERS WRONG Friday night!!!!!! The underdog role is EXACTLY where we want to be!!!!! I can GUARANTEE this, we are coming to lay the hardest hits we've laid ALL SEASON!!!!! IT'S BIG BOY FOOTBALL TIME IN HENRY COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!! 

PATRIOTS/JACKETS LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!