Playoffs Quarterfinals: Henry County @ Springfield

BigRed88

5 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

if you have not figured out they can chatter but they can't take it...hence why multiple times threads have been deleted

Ha, I've noticed. I never really paid much attention to HC until 2011 when they played Powell in Cookeville. I was in the press box for the state title game that year, and that night was my first encounter with Patriot fans. A very passionate group, to say the least. Two other things that struck me - The obnoxious flashing light/noisemaker they blared non-stop (felt like I was in the toy dept at Wal-Mart during Christmas time), and multiple grown man "superfans".

I never found out if those superfans had kids on the team, but that was something.

44 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Let's not all forget Springfield came to Henry County and BARELY beat a struggling Patriot team just by 3 points!!!!!! 3 freaking points!!!!!!! It wasn't a blowout!!!!!! 3 POINTS!!!!!! Now we have found out offensive identity and are more confident than we have been all season!!!!!! 

Who are you trying to convince us or yourself?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Ha, I've noticed. I never really paid much attention to HC until 2011 when they played Powell in Cookeville. I was in the press box for the state title game that year, and that night was my first encounter with Patriot fans. A very passionate group, to say the least. Two other things that struck me - The obnoxious flashing light/noisemaker they blared non-stop (felt like I was in the toy dept at Wal-Mart during Christmas time), and multiple grown man "superfans".

I never found out if those superfans had kids on the team, but that was something.

Best fans in all of Tennessee high school football.

7 hours ago, ilovethegame said:

Henry is a physical team but very slow, and looked even slower on that Munford grass last Friday night.

I see the Jackets kicking it deep and making Henry drive the length of the field, seeing what they really have and not letting them start every drive at the 50 or better. Plenty of holes in that Henry secondary.

Henry honestly looks slower as a team than they did earlier this season.

3rd Quarterfinals game for this very experienced senior class, think Henry will be surprised when they see this Springfield team at home in SPT playoff mode!

Springfield has more team speed but not an overwhelming amount. 

HC has size and physicality. They will have to run the ball better against the heavy fronts than they did the last time around and get helmets on the LB’s that love to play downhill for the Jackets. I fully expect them to do that but I also expect Springfield to hit on a few coverage busts. 

Looking forward to the game. Springfield fans have always been great. No idea how it ends. Would love to talk more ball but I do not think this thread is a good place for it. Good luck to the Patriots Friday night. 

Edited by RedSwarm
  • Like 1