MAHS @ Westview

WestviewAlumni

This game showed that Westview can win low scoring defensive games as well. A shutout I did not expect their offense was completely shut down. The offense had a less than stellar game but the defense kept getting stops and forcing turnovers all night this MAHS defense was the best defense I seen since Trenton, they were bigger and faster than we was and it showed why our score was what it was. That cam miller is very good and a good kid I can tell. Much respect to MAHS for holding Westview to their lowest scoring game for the season.

I made the trip over to check this game out. Very good football game all the way around. #2 for MAHS is definitely an athlete but Simpson is better. MAHS couldn’t move the ball on the ground and cost themselves nearly every time they threw it. Way too many athletes in the Westview secondary,  which basically looked like their wide receiver corps. I did notice that the visitors stands had very few MAHS fans, cheerleaders, and people wearing Huntingdon stuff….lol

49 minutes ago, woodsandwater said:

I made the trip over to check this game out. Very good football game all the way around. #2 for MAHS is definitely an athlete but Simpson is better. MAHS couldn’t move the ball on the ground and cost themselves nearly every time they threw it. Way too many athletes in the Westview secondary,  which basically looked like their wide receiver corps. I did notice that the visitors stands had very few MAHS fans, cheerleaders, and people wearing Huntingdon stuff….lol

They did a good job holding our offense as much as they could. Best defense I’ve seen Westview play all season arguably. They are a run first team but we just kept them in front of us. They had more speed than we did. I can count 3 touchdowns minimum they stopped from happening because of that. I didn’t expect them to make that two hour drive. I heard some Huntingdon fans would come but I hope they wasn’t disappointed it was a defensive game.

Honestly I was hoping for a back and forth shootout but this worked….. 4 interceptions (I think that’s what they threw, I lost count) was pretty impressive as well!  It just strengthened my opinion that Westview is the team to beat moving forward. Their defense can match up with whatever gets thrown at them and we know what they’re capable of on offense.

Congrats again! Like a previous poster said, bring the gold home for our Region! 

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Honestly I was hoping for a back and forth shootout but this worked….. 4 interceptions (I think that’s what they threw, I lost count) was pretty impressive as well!  It just strengthened my opinion that Westview is the team to beat moving forward. Their defense can match up with whatever gets thrown at them and we know what they’re capable of on offense.

Congrats again! Like a previous poster said, bring the gold home for our Region! 

Westview most definitely needs to keep 7 2A dominance rolling this year !  Four years in a row that region has won it all !!!

7 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

They did a good job holding our offense as much as they could. Best defense I’ve seen Westview play all season arguably. They are a run first team but we just kept them in front of us. They had more speed than we did. I can count 3 touchdowns minimum they stopped from happening because of that. I didn’t expect them to make that two hour drive. I heard some Huntingdon fans would come but I hope they wasn’t disappointed it was a defensive game.

You will see another good defense in Chattanooga. TC is on beast mode right now!