Gordonsville at South Pittsburg

powerp

I will gladly eat my crow well done and crispy kinfolks. Hats off to Pirates last night. Their style is impressive offensively. They can change a game in a matter of a couple of plays on offense. Thought Gordonsville had completely took their punches and then thought Tigers had settled down and was on their way to taking control of the game and So Pitt came back with a flurry to go back up by 14.  Passing game for Pirates is difference in this years team and past years teams. Offensive lineu woes everyone speaks of was hard to see. I admit I came away shocked. Didn’t see this outcome after seeing TC and Watertown advance since Tigers beat Watertown. Nice game plan and heck of a call on onside kick. Y’all play like that in Chattanooga and you all will give the West team a better game than most think. I’m just keeping it real

5 minutes ago, Govolss said:

Good Game Pirates, This one went about as expected to me. I expect a rematch next year, but Gordonsville has alot to improve if they want to be competitive.  I may be one of the few that thinks SP has a chance to beat the west this year. They will roll Cloudland.

West at least 3 td advantage. One week at a time.

3 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

@croz6110

What was your take on this game?

I know it was hard seeing your son finish his high school career. It is hard enough to be in that spot yourself but twice as hard watching your son go through it. 

My honest take is that I was largely disappointed in a lot of things. I'll leave it at that.

But bottom line, SP had/has the better team. To reference an earlier conversation in the thread, they have 3 or 4 athletes that we simply don't have, and we weren't able to overcome that deficit. And, I think we possible weren't ready for that big of a moment. For the most part, the same team will be back on the field next year and ready, hopefully. Could we have done some things differently this year to make it a different game? Possibly, but woulda, coulda, shoulda....

As far as my son playing his last game, the sting was somewhat lessened because he blew out his knee the first game of the season, and had been really only able to do some long snapping. But, he was "ok" about it as he was still contributing. It wasn't what we wanted, but it's what we got. Gordonsville football means a lot to us, and I'm glad we shared that experience together. I've got another that will be a freshman next year, and I hope we get to have that experience as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

My honest take is that I was largely disappointed in a lot of things. I'll leave it at that.

But bottom line, SP had/has the better team. To reference an earlier conversation in the thread, they have 3 or 4 athletes that we simply don't have, and we weren't able to overcome that deficit. And, I think we possible weren't ready for that big of a moment. For the most part, the same team will be back on the field next year and ready, hopefully. Could we have done some things differently this year to make it a different game? Possibly, but woulda, coulda, shoulda....

As far as my son playing his last game, the sting was somewhat lessened because he blew out his knee the first game of the season, and had been really only able to do some long snapping. But, he was "ok" about it as he was still contributing. It wasn't what we wanted, but it's what we got. Gordonsville football means a lot to us, and I'm glad we shared that experience together. I've got another that will be a freshman next year, and I hope we get to have that experience as well.

Wow,good post.Wish your son the best!!

26 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

I looked for you son on the field but I think I talked to the wrong player lol.  What was your son’s number?

36 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

So you have another son that will be on the team? That helps alot. 

I am sorry for your son's injury and hope he has a full recovery. I am also glad he was still able to get out on the field and be a part of it. Best wishes to him. 

55 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I looked for you son on the field but I think I talked to the wrong player lol.  What was your son’s number?

He was #55. He's the one who got the personal foul, which I thought was a bad call after watching the film. I looked for you a couple times but I was afraid to venture too deep into pirate territory.lol

2 hours ago, croz6110 said:

He was #55. He's the one who got the personal foul, which I thought was a bad call after watching the film. I looked for you a couple times but I was afraid to venture too deep into pirate territory.lol

Yeah I thought it was but then questioned myself and talked to a different player.  I don’t think it was physicality action that got the personal foul, but he was mouthing something for at least 10 seconds and I think whatever he said got him the PF.  I could be wrong.