Gordonsville at South Pittsburg

powerp

9 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

I agree it was very embarrassing last week.  

8 hours ago, piratetom said:

It was definitely close. For whatever reason, we always travel with more fans in the playoffs than we have at home in recent years. Hopefully this week will be different. 

When I get to the stadium there usually aren't too many people there, but this past Friday there was absolutely no one. I thought I had looked at the clock wrong. To make it worse, I never saw fans filing into the stadium like normal. Finally people started drifting in, but it was a small turnout by our standards. But then at $10 a head it can get costly for a family to go every Friday night.

But we need everyone to show up this Friday. The atmosphere needs to be electric, and that doesn't happen with the small crowd we had last week.

Gordonsville has played very flat and uninspired the past two weeks. I hope that switch can be flipped in one week and we play aggressive.
I’ll stick with my original thought: SP has more talent than Gordonsville as is the case every year. However, the talent gap is narrow as it’s been in a long time. I am hopeful and confident we will find a way to win. 
I have no doubt there will be a large home crowd Friday night. No disrespect to our district brethren, but I imagine Red Springs and Clay County doesn’t bring the casual fan out on name alone.

17 minutes ago, TigerTown12 said:

Gordonsville has played very flat and uninspired the past two weeks. I hope that switch can be flipped in one week and we play aggressive.
I’ll stick with my original thought: SP has more talent than Gordonsville as is the case every year. However, the talent gap is narrow as it’s been in a long time. I am hopeful and confident we will find a way to win. 
I have no doubt there will be a large home crowd Friday night. No disrespect to our district brethren, but I imagine Red Springs and Clay County doesn’t bring the casual fan out on name alone.

That’s not the case every year. I remember a few Gordonsville teams that had more than Pitt. 

3 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

That’s not the case every year. I remember a few Gordonsville teams that had more than Pitt. 

Let's put it this way...there's a difference between athleticism and talent. We've had more talent than SP in the past, but I've never seen us have more athleticism.

One instance I can think of specifically is 2006. We played at SP, and I watched warmups and was blown away by the athleticism, and I was extremely worried. We won 41-14, I believe. SP was an athletic, young team that year. The next year they had the talent to go with the athleticism. 

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

When I get to the stadium there usually aren't too many people there, but this past Friday there was absolutely no one. I thought I had looked at the clock wrong. To make it worse, I never saw fans filing into the stadium like normal. Finally people started drifting in, but it was a small turnout by our standards. But then at $10 a head it can get costly for a family to go every Friday night.

But we need everyone to show up this Friday. The atmosphere needs to be electric, and that doesn't happen with the small crowd we had last week.

I do agree that the $10 charge may be costly but at the same time I don't think that's the main cause.  Just get on the Pirate fan page the week of the game and see how many fans are asking if it's being streamed. Look at the number of fans watching the FB live the night of the game ( or other streaming sources) .  I do understand some folks may not be able to attend for legitimate reasons but some could be sitting in the stands. I also agree with another poster that made the statement that our fan base is spoiled and honestly we are.  I hope that changes this week and we have a packed house because when we do Beene Stadium is one of the best venues in Tennessee to watch high school football.  

6 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Let's put it this way...there's a difference between athleticism and talent. We've had more talent than SP in the past, but I've never seen us have more athleticism.

One instance I can think of specifically is 2006. We played at SP, and I watched warmups and was blown away by the athleticism, and I was extremely worried. We won 41-14, I believe. SP was an athletic, young team that year. The next year they had the talent to go with the athleticism. 

I remember this game.  We had a great team but those kids needed that loss to fuel them to the championship the next year in 2007.  That 2006 game our QB threw a late INT that sealed the game.  I was thinking in 2006 we lost to Trousdale, but I could be wrong.  You sure that 2006 game was vs Gordy, and not 2004 or 2005??