Gordonsville at South Pittsburg

powerp

3 hours ago, piratetom said:

Where's @croz6110 ? Need your insight buddy.

Oh I'm here. Everyone else was doing enough talking, so I didn't think I needed to add anything else.

I will give a little insight, though. I feel like we've played some uninspired ball the last couple of weeks. We're going to have to get over that Friday.

Do I think we can win? Absolutely. SP had a little to do with it, but Clay played their worst game of the season, and I felt some bad decisions were made. Watching film, I think Gville can  and will pull it out. I also think the boys learned a lesson last year, if they remember it, after seeing Fayetteville beat SP. 

We are still a young team, but the talent is there, and the youth has experience as many of the juniors are 3 year starters. 

Everyone knows about the passing game, but we do have a running game, too. Personally, I think it's better than many give credit. Musgrove is a strong runner who will get a lot of serious publicity in the coming years, and the line will only get better. 

One thing I want to see this week as well is I want to see the seniors step up. The reason being is that with the class of juniors we have, many people have been looking to next year for a few years. I want to see the seniors say "NO, this year!" and to not be content with the quarters while the underclassmen have another chance next year. We only have 3 getting significant playing time right now, but I would like to see them take control. I think they're good enough this year to win, they just have to do it.

Edited by croz6110
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Oh I'm here. Everyone else was doing enough talking, so I didn't think I needed to add anything else.

I will give a little insight, though. I feel like we've played some uninspired ball the last couple of weeks. We're going to have to get over that Friday.

Do I think we can win? Absolutely. SP had a little to do with it, but Clay played their worst game of the season, and I felt some bad decisions were made. Watching film, I think Gville can  and will pull it out. I also think the boys learned a lesson last year, if they remember it, after seeing Fayetteville beat SP. 

We are still a young team, but the talent is there, and the youth has experience as many of the juniors are 3 year starters. 

Everyone knows about the passing game, but we do have a running game, too. Personally, I think it's better than many give credit. Musgrove is a strong runner who will get a lot of serious publicity in the coming years, and the line will only get better. 

One thing I want to see this week as well is I want to see the seniors step up. The reason being is that with the class of juniors we have, many people have been looking to next year for a few years. I want to see the seniors say "NO, this year!" and to not be content with the quarters while the underclassmen have another chance next year. We only have 3 getting significant playing time right now, but I would like to see them take control. I think they're good enough this year to win, they just have to do it.

Fayetteville definitely showed a formula to beat us so hopefully your guys don't remember that. However, a few adjustments would have countered that but it didn't happen.  I fully expect a 4 quarter game. The good thing for us is our boys remember that loss last year as well. They also remember the struggles they had with Gordonsville during the first half last year. They have created a unique bond after everything happening early on this season. Instead of wilting away, they chose to push through it and here we are now in the quarterfinals. See ya Friday.

38 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Fayetteville definitely showed a formula to beat us so hopefully your guys don't remember that. However, a few adjustments would have countered that but it didn't happen.  I fully expect a 4 quarter game. The good thing for us is our boys remember that loss last year as well. They also remember the struggles they had with Gordonsville during the first half last year. They have created a unique bond after everything happening early on this season. Instead of wilting away, they chose to push through it and here we are now in the quarterfinals. See ya Friday.

South Pitt choked in that game. They had the cats but OC kept running left and right all night into a wall. QB didn’t even know how to spike the ball the passing game was so bad. Meigs was same way. Can’t play old school football and never throw the football and beat good teams. Comical watching so many teams play WR that run routes and block 98% of time. Just run double tights split back veer or triple option if that’s your style but no excuses to do that when you have athletes all over the field. Playing safe don’t win championships in this era of football unless the opponent is just physically over matched up front. I look for a good game this Friday. I think Gordonsville will keep chains moving and keep SP off the field. Pirates seem to be peaking but can’t imagine them getting to State after what all they have went through. I’m just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums

12 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

South Pitt choked in that game. They had the cats but OC kept running left and right all night into a wall. QB didn’t even know how to spike the ball the passing game was so bad. Meigs was same way. Can’t play old school football and never throw the football and beat good teams. Comical watching so many teams play WR that run routes and block 98% of time. Just run double tights split back veer or triple option if that’s your style but no excuses to do that when you have athletes all over the field. Playing safe don’t win championships in this era of football unless the opponent is just physically over matched up front. I look for a good game this Friday. I think Gordonsville will keep chains moving and keep SP off the field. Pirates seem to be peaking but can’t imagine them getting to State after what all they have went through. I’m just keeping it real

Yes, I agree we choked last year. However, I do think we make it back there again this year. Time will tell...

57 minutes ago, piratetom said:

I disagree. Fayetteville didn’t show a formula on how to beat the Pirates. They had a freak freshman in KJ Jackson that Gordy doesn’t have and also we ran 4 plays all game. Will be a good one Friday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, powerp said:

I disagree. Fayetteville didn’t show a formula on how to beat the Pirates. They had a freak freshman in KJ Jackson that Gordy doesn’t have and also we ran 4 plays all game. Will be a good one Friday.

They showed how to stop our 4 plays by crashing their ends about every play, which ain't hard to do. :D But yes, Jackson was amazing...

Edited by piratetom

Like I have said from the beginning. Some coaches out coach themselves. That championship game last year Ray Charles could have called. We had a QB that couldn't throw and then we put one RB in the game and they just crashed so hard every play. Worse clock management and game plan for sure on our side. I thought we'd make adjustments but for some reason never did. Fayetteville just took the fire out of us and there coaches were smart.