McKenzie vs Fayetteville

VOLnWTN

11 hours ago, TheSkipBayless said:

Not totally disagreeing but I think your right and left tackles still struggle and that could make it tough on #11 back their friday night going vs Fayettevilles edge rushers. Yall win that game vs Cornersville even if you had that same oline vs Dresden just due to having more athletes imo but thats only worth 2 cents. If yall are to win this friday on the road what must yall do to come out on top?

Just remembered to get back to this ... I honestly don't know a whole lot about Fayetteville I did watch some film against red bank . Imo the 1st thing is minimize penalties I don't think u can have 6 penalties for I think 78 yards against a team like fville we will have to be mistake free. If we have the same mentality as last week and play to the level we been playing I'll take the rebels by 2 tds.. Comer will have them  ready.. my only worry is the 3 hr bus ride .. 

10 hours ago, Rebels06 said:

Just remembered to get back to this ... I honestly don't know a whole lot about Fayetteville I did watch some film against red bank . Imo the 1st thing is minimize penalties I don't think u can have 6 penalties for I think 78 yards against a team like fville we will have to be mistake free. If we have the same mentality as last week and play to the level we been playing I'll take the rebels by 2 tds.. Comer will have them  ready.. my only worry is the 3 hr bus ride .. 

If you cant get motivated this time of year your just playing with wet matches. My biggest concern for you guys is how will yall matchup with their skill players for 4 qts defensively with yall playing guys both ways. #9 will have to be doubled he should've been in the Mr.Football convo haven't seen many like him. Seeing him and Taylor will be worth the price of admission alone. They have a great atmosphere for Friday night Lights def one of the best for 1A down there. 

16 hours ago, Wediditagain said:

Very slow Cornersville team.  West Carrol could beat them.  Would be a very competitive game.  No disrespect but those teams are not on Mc, City or Peabody's level. 

That's what I said previewing them against McEwen and McKenzie. Their front 7 is as physical and strong as anyone in 1A or 2A. They don't have any depth or team speed. West Carroll could beat them in a 4x100m Relay but I'd bet on Cornersville in a football game. 

5 hours ago, Salem said:

That's what I said previewing them against McEwen and McKenzie. Their front 7 is as physical and strong as anyone in 1A or 2A. They don't have any depth or team speed. West Carroll could beat them in a 4x100m Relay but I'd bet on Cornersville in a football game. 

tzars good to know!! we handed their front seven pretty well! if they are as good as anybody in 1a "your words" then I like our chances Friday! gonna be one he----- of a game!! too close to call for me, but I hope my Rebs pull this one out!!

Peabody, Fayetteville, or McKenzie……… we have no idea.  Peabody is missing a good defense and a RB like Vaughan. I thought it was going to be Baskerville but evidently not.  These 3 teams do not have a good defense.  So it’s hard to gauge who comes out on top.  Show me the defense and that’s the winner of these 3.  No clue. 

21 minutes ago, Chazmo said:

Peabody, Fayetteville, or McKenzie……… we have no idea.  Peabody is missing a good defense and a RB like Vaughan. I thought it was going to be Baskerville but evidently not.  These 3 teams do not have a good defense.  So it’s hard to gauge who comes out on top.  Show me the defense and that’s the winner of these 3.  No clue. 

Vaughn had maybe 20 carries all year if that. Our defense is just fine