McKenzie vs Fayetteville

VOLnWTN

i've seen a couple posts saying neither team has a good defense. just going by points alone, both teams hold opponents to an average 12 ppg. I'm a lot more familiar with Fayetteville and know that their first string defense has shut out a couple teams, and that there have been a couple more games that had the opponents scoring only when either the second string defense or when the Tiger offense was on the field. is there something i'm missing?

for reference:

Gordonsville allows 10.5

Peabody 12.3

Cland 14.1

S Pitt 13.8

Clay 12.4

Coalfield 11.8

Cornersville 10.5

Lake Co 17.3

Dresden 15.7

Edited by jtm52k

56 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

i've seen a couple posts saying neither team has a good defense. just going by points alone, both teams hold opponents to an average 12 ppg. I'm a lot more familiar with Fayetteville and know that their first string defense has shut out a couple teams, and that there have been a couple more games that had the opponents scoring only when either the second string defense or when the Tiger offense was on the field. is there something i'm missing?

for reference:

Gordonsville allows 10.5

Peabody 12.3

Cland 14.1

S Pitt 13.8

Clay 12.4

Coalfield 11.8

Cornersville 10.5

Lake Co 17.3

Dresden 15.7

I love it when people use data!  I actually hold the belief that both teams play well on both sides of the ball.  City's defense is more battle tested due to strength of opponents, IMO.  We will know for sure at about 9:30pm Friday night.  Best of luck to all involved.  It's nice to still be pulling for your team this time of year!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogheaven said:

mckenzie is going to go full waterboy and whoop butt.   my prediction for the week.   35-7 Rebels     and i don't like  mckenzie  

You should just stop giving predictions at this point. The Dolphins have a better chance of winning the super bowl than that happening. 

I have not been able to watch a lot of tape on the Tigers but I do know this.  They are really good! #9 is a man child.  For the Rebels, I think it is much like last week.  We have to win the majority of the battles up front and let the defense predicate what we do on offense.  That is McKenzie's biggest strength.  We can hit you with so many weapons depending on your defensive coverage.  And Comer is good at it. This should be a one for the ages.  

Of course, I am going with the Rebels in a close one. If it does come down to who has the ball last and the Rebels are within two.  I will go with Zach Aird from 40 in for the win. 

• Like 1

I think this will be a really good game. These two teams are evenly matched. Both have really good skill guys and good lines. Both defenses are solid. Fayetteville will have homefield advantage but McKenzie has Comer as their coach. Imo Comer is one of the better coaches in West Tennessee and he and his staff will be the difference in a fairly low scoring game. 

• Like 2