McKenzie vs Fayetteville

VOLnWTN

6 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I think this will be a really good game. These two teams are evenly matched. Both have really good skill guys and good lines. Both defenses are solid. Fayetteville will have homefield advantage but McKenzie has Comer as their coach. Imo Comer is one of the better coaches in West Tennessee and he and his staff will be the difference in a fairly low scoring game. 

I agree .. 

3 hours ago, jtm52k said:

i've seen a couple posts saying neither team has a good defense. just going by points alone, both teams hold opponents to an average 12 ppg. I'm a lot more familiar with Fayetteville and know that their first string defense has shut out a couple teams, and that there have been a couple more games that had the opponents scoring only when either the second string defense or when the Tiger offense was on the field. is there something i'm missing?

for reference:

Gordonsville allows 10.5

Peabody 12.3

Cland 14.1

S Pitt 13.8

Clay 12.4

Coalfield 11.8

Cornersville 10.5

Lake Co 17.3

Dresden 15.7

Peabody defense allowed points per game is less than that. There were a few games that were shutouts by the starters and the second team played 3 quarters and allowed points. 

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

I have not been able to watch a lot of tape on the Tigers but I do know this.  They are really good! #9 is a man child.  For the Rebels, I think it is much like last week.  We have to win the majority of the battles up front and let the defense predicate what we do on offense.  That is McKenzie's biggest strength.  We can hit you with so many weapons depending on your defensive coverage.  And Comer is good at it. This should be a one for the ages.  

Of course, I am going with the Rebels in a close one. If it does come down to who has the ball last and the Rebels are within two.  I will go with Zach Aird from 40 in for the win. 

I have watched 3-4 of their games. This will be the best and most balanced team you guys have played all year. They defend the run real well are fast to the edge. They run their offense similar to Peabody’s 

13 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Peabody defense allowed points per game is less than that. There were a few games that were shutouts by the starters and the second team played 3 quarters and allowed points. 

from what i've seen, peabody's starters don't usually play the full game anyway. i understand the ppg is skewed because in games like that the starters come off, but that just adds more evidence to the point i was trying to make: how do some of these people say McKeznie, Peabody, and Fayetteville defenses are bad?

24 minutes ago, jtm52k said:

from what i've seen, peabody's starters don't usually play the full game anyway. i understand the ppg is skewed because in games like that the starters come off, but that just adds more evidence to the point i was trying to make: how do some of these people say McKeznie, Peabody, and Fayetteville defenses are bad?

Yeah I decided to not even reply to that guy 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 10:09 PM, Rebels06 said:

Just remembered to get back to this ... I honestly don't know a whole lot about Fayetteville I did watch some film against red bank . Imo the 1st thing is minimize penalties I don't think u can have 6 penalties for I think 78 yards against a team like fville we will have to be mistake free. If we have the same mentality as last week and play to the level we been playing I'll take the rebels by 2 tds.. Comer will have them  ready.. my only worry is the 3 hr bus ride .. 

If all you have to go on is the game at Red Bank, then that won't show you very much.  We were uninspired on both sides of the ball that game.  As has been mentioned by others, we usually play up and with the level of competition.  Since that game, they have really focused and taken care of anyone in the way, but we still haven't flexed the whole package.  The Rebels will bring all they have and City will respond.  Look for that Friday.  The Tigers are ready! 

4 minutes ago, Varo said:

If all you have to go on is the game at Red Bank, then that won't show you very much.  We were uninspired on both sides of the ball that game.  As has been mentioned by others, we usually play up and with the level of competition.  Since that game, they have really focused and taken care of anyone in the way, but we still haven't flexed the whole package.  The Rebels will bring all they have and City will respond.  Look for that Friday.  The Tigers are ready! 

Is #11 playing? Haven't seen him in many highlights lately.

4 minutes ago, Varo said:

Yea that's all I've watched is red bank .. im sure Comer got the rebels on the right film .. looking forward to Friday.  Rebels are ready as well 

GO REBELS

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

Is #11 playing? Haven't seen him in many highlights lately.

yes, he is fine.  shifted to more power running lately, but passing game and him as a big target are still part of the plan. His YACs are what is so exciting when he gets his hands on the ball.  But, we've been fortunate to be able to use a couple of other receivers as well.  #14 & 2 are showing out this year.  IMO, I'd like to see #13 as a wideout or TE besides his production on defense.  He's got really soft hands, but doubt that will ever happen.