McKenzie vs Fayetteville

VOLnWTN

31 minutes ago, REBFAN07 said:

HMMMM. well that didn't work out too well for ya? sorry about your loss, but look at the bright side, now y'all get a jump on the hardwoods!!

It did not go as played .Difference of the game was the QB and City’s block in the back.. I got to throw in tho McKenzie should’ve been called for the hurdle and that would’ve taken a TD off the board. At least next week will be your last time sitting out in the cold and y’all can get your hooping shoes on. Good luck to y’all cats though, you guys have a shot especially with  #11 back their one of best overall Athletes in 1a. 

6 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

It did not go as played .Difference of the game was the QB and City’s block in the back.. I got to throw in tho McKenzie should’ve been called for the hurdle and that would’ve taken a TD off the board. At least next week will be your last time sitting out in the cold and y’all can get your hooping shoes on. Good luck to y’all cats though, you guys have a shot especially with  #11 back their one of best overall Athletes in 1a. 

yes that was major penalty for y'all, the block in the back, but my goodness, it was blatant. I did not realize hurdling was illegal either? anyway,yall have a heck of a team. was a great atmosphere. just cook more food the next time we are in town. we bring a crowd!! good luck down the road

1 minute ago, REBFAN07 said:

yes that was major penalty for y'all, the block in the back, but my goodness, it was blatant. I did not realize hurdling was illegal either? anyway,yall have a heck of a team. was a great atmosphere. just cook more food the next time we are in town. we bring a crowd!! good luck down the road

The hurdling call only exists in TN and really shouldn't.  The only reason anyone expected it to get called is because of the bs call on Frame in the title game last year.  Defensive players should tackle the guy or chase him down instead of pentalizing a runner for being too athletic. 

16 minutes ago, REBFAN07 said:

Y’all do a great job supporting your kids hats off! Some places the kids on parents won’t even show up. Hurdling is one of the worst calls in high school but that’s TSSAA for you. I think these two will run it back next year this time of year. Will y’all have the game streamed next week?

20 minutes ago, rlh said:

The hurdling call only exists in TN and really shouldn't.  The only reason anyone expected it to get called is because of the bs call on Frame in the title game last year.  Defensive players should tackle the guy or chase him down instead of pentalizing a runner for being too athletic. 

It’s the most egregious call there is. I’ve seen it called on others not just Frame. TSSAA is a joke way behind time and they are very incompetent 

24 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

Y’all do a great job supporting your kids hats off! Some places the kids on parents won’t even show up. Hurdling is one of the worst calls in high school but that’s TSSAA for you. I think these two will run it back next year this time of year. Will y’all have the game streamed next week?

yes. the game should be streamed online. I do agree, we should meet again next year around this time. maybe y'all can come here and experience some Mckenzie hospitality. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rlh said:

They called it on Frame in the title game last year and Ronto Tipton 3 years ago against Meigs County.  That is the only 2 times I have ever known it to get called.

So what is the "letter of the law" per se? What justifies "hurdling"? Because I see backs jump over bodies running through the line all the time.

2 hours ago, rlh said:

It's illegal pretty much everywhere in high school, since a few years ago. He did it last night, but he would have scored on that play anyway as it was right at the goal line, so I didn't have a big issue with the no call.

I don't remember the Frame call last year, but it must have happened early. Once he got hit a few times, he didn't do much for the last 3 quarters.

2 hours ago, REBFAN07 said:

Congratulations on your hard fought victory.  The game was like I expected--two heavyweights slugging it out until the end, only I was hoping the Tigers would come out on top. Too much laundry but I thought not one-sided or biased.  Both teams stalled themselves, helped the other, exchanged turnovers, and prolonged drives with penalties.  Your QB was the deciding factor imo.  Very athletic and hard to bring down.  He kept drives alive on 3rd or 4th downs with his legs.   #7 was good, but wasn't the giant killer, pound you til you drop, send in the second string kind of player (last night) that I have been reading about.  I'll be worried to go against him again next year, stronger, faster/more mature. I thought the Tiger goal=line stand in the first quarter would set the tone for rest of the game. It kind of did--a slugfest.   I thought that 95 yd TD run would rattle McKenzie.  It did, until it got called back. I thought that the Rebel players having to play offense and defense that they would wear down by the mid-third quarter or fourth.  There were some hands on hips, but they still had gas in the tank in the last few minutes of the game. I thought we could drive down field at the end of the game for the win or the tie.  I didn't think your defense could stop our run game.  It did, Up to the last 4th and 1 around mid-field.  Then your coach was classy enough to go into the V formation to kill the clock and game.

I also wanted to high five your fan base.  The visitor stands looked packed and were definitely loud supporting their team.  The ones I spoke with were very complimentary and good people.  Sorry we ran out of food!  Good luck in the next few weeks--you will represent the West well.  

Also, hope to see you next year at McKenzie!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Varo said:

Congratulations on your hard fought victory.  The game was like I expected--two heavyweights slugging it out until the end, only I was hoping the Tigers would come out on top. Too much laundry but I thought not one-sided or biased.  Both teams stalled themselves, helped the other, exchanged turnovers, and prolonged drives with penalties.  Your QB was the deciding factor imo.  Very athletic and hard to bring down.  He kept drives alive on 3rd or 4th downs with his legs.   #7 was good, but wasn't the giant killer, pound you til you drop, send in the second string kind of player (last night) that I have been reading about.  I'll be worried to go against him again next year, stronger, faster/more mature. I thought the Tiger goal=line stand in the first quarter would set the tone for rest of the game. It kind of did--a slugfest.   I thought that 95 yd TD run would rattle McKenzie.  It did, until it got called back. I thought that the Rebel players having to play offense and defense that they would wear down by the mid-third quarter or fourth.  There were some hands on hips, but they still had gas in the tank in the last few minutes of the game. I thought we could drive down field at the end of the game for the win or the tie.  I didn't think your defense could stop our run game.  It did, Up to the last 4th and 1 around mid-field.  Then your coach was classy enough to go into the V formation to kill the clock and game.

I also wanted to high five your fan base.  The visitor stands looked packed and were definitely loud supporting their team.  The ones I spoke with were very complimentary and good people.  Sorry we ran out of food!  Good luck in the next few weeks--you will represent the West well.  

Also, hope to see you next year at McKenzie!

we got to Fayetteville early to eat, went to one of yalls  more popular local spots, it was great!! as we were leaving, I ran straight into a guy in a tiger sweatshirt, first words out of his mouth<" welcome to Fayetteville,glad to have y'all", !!  that's classy!! at the game, everyone was friendly, and accommodating.. we had to walk thru yalls, fan base outside the locker room to get to parking lot, never heard a cross word or a sly remark.. that's classy after a loss that most didn't expect. as for Mckenzie, we showed up as I expected. this community supports their kids 100% no matter what sport or competition! I want to extend a warm welcome to any Fayetteville fans that want to see a great ballgame Friday night, to rebel stadium and randy Thomas field, anyone in city orange will be more than welcome. also would like to add, anyone that knows the wonderful ladies at "Marvins Buffett" please thank them again for their hospitality toward our team and fan base. those ladies were and are awesome to accommodate us after the game. congrats to Fayetteville on a great season, and look forward to meeting some of y'all again, whether this week or next year. remember, y'all welcome here anytime, we will save ya a seat on south side bleachers. Fayetteville is class act and community in this rebel fans book. good luck in the future

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2