McKenzie vs Fayetteville

VOLnWTN

On 11/20/2021 at 1:25 PM, GG22 said:

It's illegal pretty much everywhere in high school, since a few years ago. He did it last night, but he would have scored on that play anyway as it was right at the goal line, so I didn't have a big issue with the no call.

I don't remember the Frame call last year, but it must have happened early. Once he got hit a few times, he didn't do much for the last 3 quarters.

Getting hit wasn't the issue.  He typically finished the run. He was injured.  It was early and negated a TD.

Edited by rlh

On 11/20/2021 at 1:25 PM, sportsnutz said:

So what is the "letter of the law" per se? What justifies "hurdling"? Because I see backs jump over bodies running through the line all the time.

On 11/20/2021 at 1:25 PM, GG22 said:

It's illegal pretty much everywhere in high school, since a few years ago. He did it last night, but he would have scored on that play anyway as it was right at the goal line, so I didn't have a big issue with the no call.

I don't remember the Frame call last year, but it must have happened early. Once he got hit a few times, he didn't do much for the last 3 quarters.

Actually its not consistently enforced everywhere.  The whole point is it DOESN'T get enforced much and it is inconsistent when it is. 

Edited by rlh