West TN Rural Top 12 Playoff Edition

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 minute ago, Kiddmaximus said:

I believe so. I feel like Westview defense has come a long way since the Trenton game. They are even scoring points on defense. That could be the difference this game.

That has been the issue with Martin prior to this year. Defense gave up way to many points and big plays. I have been very impressed with how well they have played this year. Hats off to the defensive coordinator. 

3 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

How good is MAHS pass defense 

MAHS’ pass defense is going to be the most athletic pass defense Westview will see all year. Miller is one of the corners and they have the speed to stay in-phase to the receivers. One thing Simpson can’t do is he can’t just maximize the air out of the ball because MAHS will catch up to the receiver, ya know? Simpson is going to have to use some velocity. Matchup wise, it’s not the best matchup for Westview…

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

MAHS’ pass defense is going to be the most athletic pass defense Westview will see all year. Miller is one of the corners and they have the speed to stay in-phase to the receivers. One thing Simpson can’t do is he can’t just maximize the air out of the ball because MAHS will catch up to the receiver, ya know? Simpson is going to have to use some velocity. Matchup wise, it’s not the best matchup for Westview…

I agree with this which is why I say Westview will have to run the ball some. 

2 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

On another note what did you think about the top 12?

29 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Velocity is one thing he has definitely. He throws the ball harder than any high school player I have ever seen. It comes out of his hand fast 

7 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Velocity is one thing he has definitely. He throws the ball harder than any high school player I have ever seen. It comes out of his hand fast 

Every time I saw him prior to this year he threw the ball too hard at times. I think he is greatly improved at putting touch on the ball and giving it more zip when he needs too. 

17 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

You’re right, but he’s going to need to use more velocity on deep routes than touch. If he relies too much on the touch/air, then he could be in trouble at times due to MAHS’ speed to get back to the ball.

31 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

You’re right, but he’s going to need to use more velocity on deep routes than touch. If he relies too much on the touch/air, then he could be in trouble at times due to MAHS’ speed to get back to the ball.

True, he threw 30-40 yard pass over our 6-6 db that can dunk a basketball. It was just out of his reach. He has really improved this year compared to sophomore junior year. I was really impressed with speed and footwork also. 

10 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I couldn’t make one I’ve only seen some of them play. I’ve watched 3-4 of mckenzies games. Dresden’s dline gave them a fit so did cornersvilles dline. They haven’t played a complete good team yet. Fayetteville will be the first. They were in to the 4th quarter before they put Dresden away. Huntingdon was good but trenton played horrible worst game I’ve watched in 4-5 years. Huntingdon played flawless. 

The only reason you’ve ever been right is because the team you root for is good. Other than that you don’t know much.

7 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

How good is MAHS pass defense 

No way of knowing from the Huntingdon game. We only threw it a few times when forced to do so. When a team shuts down your run, you can’t be so hard headed that you don’t attempt to do something different. Didn’t even think about attempting to keep them on their heels. Westview will be fine. That 10 yard out is going to work all night. Simpson gets it out fast and that’s what they will have to do. MAHS is big and fast. It’s tough to run through the middle and they stretch the outside runs and close fast and tackle well. They are not a slouch of a team by any means.

Edited by Waker