2021 - 2022 Oak Ridge Boys Basketball

WilleTheWildcat

Hey Willie, first post on the bball boards.  I do get down to the arena for the bigger games.  Maybe you can answer me this.  I was looking on another well know prep sports website at our schedule.  It showed our schedule through 2/12/22.  It had district and non-district games noted.  The only two teams on the entire schedule that were listed as district games were CC and Plow.  That can't be right can it?

7 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Hey Willie, first post on the bball boards.  I do get down to the arena for the bigger games.  Maybe you can answer me this.  I was looking on another well know prep sports website at our schedule.  It showed our schedule through 2/12/22.  It had district and non-district games noted.  The only two teams on the entire schedule that were listed as district games were CC and Plow.  That can't be right can it?

No, I think that website must have our new District wrong. Our current Class 4-A Region 2 District 3 includes Karns, Campbell County, West, Central, Powell and Oak Ridge. CoachT has our District correct.  OR plays all District teams twice. We now only play Clinton once. I hope that helps. RWR!

7 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Great start for our Wildcats!Blowout win vs a solid team.If Coach Green has another good year after all he lost we have to build him a statue.Really is amazing how good we have been under Green

I agree.  Will be even better when Hayward is healthy.  This team is much like Green's first team he had at Oak Ridge, just better shooters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ipb7 said:

This OR team has depth, that first one didn't. Lot of shooters, play hard as heck on defense and OR outrebounded the heck out of McMinn last night. 

Might end up being a great team after everyone gets healthy and experienced.

No true big man worries me but no doubt they go hard.One thing for sure is Aaron will get the most out of them.There will be ups and downs but should be fun to see how they progress.

Edited by NoleNation3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Good win tonight for the Cats on the road against a highly talented team in Alcoa. They will win a lot of games this year. Cates is a special special player.

You are right Sweet across the board. Of course, Alcoa is good in most if not all sports.

Alcoa needs a big to come in from the football team. Cates was impressive and is just a junior.

Very proud of the effort tonight by the Wildcats.  RWR! I think all the players gave it all they had.