2021 - 2022 Oak Ridge Boys Basketball

WilleTheWildcat

On 1/18/2022 at 11:07 AM, LINEDAD said:

Checking with you OR fans. OR beat DB last season in the Sectional by 3 or 4 points. I remember that OR team started either all or almost all seniors...right? How many players from last years team is back this season? 

Do you expect OR to be a Region finalist team?

Returned PG.Also brought back L.Searcy who hit some big 3s in that DB game and he has had a great season.Coach Green always shocks me but I would say DB would be the favorite vs Oak Ridge.One of our least talented teams since Green took over but we have had some great teams under him.I would say either Oak Ridge,Beardon or Farragut will be in region finals.All 3 really close

11 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Returned PG.Also brought back L.Searcy who hit some big 3s in that DB game and he has had a great season.Coach Green always shocks me but I would say DB would be the favorite vs Oak Ridge.One of our least talented teams since Green took over but we have had some great teams under him.I would say either Oak Ridge,Beardon or Farragut will be in region finals.All 3 really close

Jon Higgins seems to be doing a great job @ Farragut. I remember back when I was growing up (80’s/early 90s) them and OR were in the same district and used to have some pretty hotly contested games back then. I can’t recall them having what I’d call a really good team since then, but I obviously haven’t much kept up with them either. You’re right about this team being the least athletically gifted in a while, but they make up for it playing tremendous team ball and really good defense, for the most part. Just a lot of solid HS basketball players. The twins epitomize team ball, as well as some of the others, too.

• Like 1

Both STILLNUM1 and Sweet Science  are correct. I especially liked Sweet's take on the twins. STILLNUM1 take on the talent level caused some concern but then I thought about it more and the Wildcats do play a lot of team ball and do not rely on individual play. The exception being Kell Slater who can take most guards to the hoop without much help.

3 hours ago, bigshowchamp said:

as a neutral observer whats the Clinton games gonna be like?

That’ll be an interesting game. Clinton hasn’t beaten OR since 2009 or 2010 - Can’t remember exactly. This is definitely their best chance since then. Clinton has really good guard play, pretty much every one of them can drive it to the hoop off the dribble, or pop a 3 from behind the arc. It’ll be a heck of a challenge for OR, especially @ Clinton.

20 hours ago, SweetScience said:

That’ll be an interesting game. Clinton hasn’t beaten OR since 2009 or 2010 - Can’t remember exactly. This is definitely their best chance since then. Clinton has really good guard play, pretty much every one of them can drive it to the hoop off the dribble, or pop a 3 from behind the arc. It’ll be a heck of a challenge for OR, especially @ Clinton.

I agree.  It should be 2 great games.  However, we need to play better than we did at Karns.  

On 1/29/2022 at 5:28 PM, bigshowchamp said:

as a neutral observer whats the Clinton games gonna be like?

If Clinton cant win this yr with all those SRs they just need to give up.Its the best Clinton team in a long time vs an Oak Ridge team that lost everybody.This will be the biggest Clinton game in a long long time

On 1/29/2022 at 9:56 AM, SweetScience said:

Jon Higgins seems to be doing a great job @ Farragut. I remember back when I was growing up (80’s/early 90s) them and OR were in the same district and used to have some pretty hotly contested games back then. I can’t recall them having what I’d call a really good team since then, but I obviously haven’t much kept up with them either. You’re right about this team being the least athletically gifted in a while, but they make up for it playing tremendous team ball and really good defense, for the most part. Just a lot of solid HS basketball players. The twins epitomize team ball, as well as some of the others, too.

Yea this team plays really hard and never quits.I love a how well they play together and not selfish.A true team

1 hour ago, boyfromsi said:

Congrats to the District 3-4A Regular Season Champions, Top Seed in the District Tournament and Region 2 Tournament qualifiers!

Did David say last night we have been to 27 straight region tournaments? You may not have been listening last night, but pretty sure that’s what I heard him say. I think the next closest team is Bearden with 9 straight, and we all know how good that program is. That’s just insane and a great testament to how good we’ve been for so many years now. 

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Did David say last night we have been to 27 straight region tournaments? You may not have been listening last night, but pretty sure that’s what I heard him say. I think the next closest team is Bearden with 9 straight, and we all know how good that program is. That’s just insane and a great testament to how good we’ve been for so many years now. 

He did say that!  That is amazing and is a testament to our resilience and good coaching hires over the past 3 decades.