2021 - 2022 Oak Ridge Boys Basketball

WilleTheWildcat

3 hours ago, Traitor said:

What a game!! Oak Ridge rebounded really well, in my opinion. Clinton has struggled to put a body on a body in the paint all year. I was impressed with the inbound play from OR's baseline to set up the winning play from the sideline. I thought it was a great catch by Garner. Both teams played well in a great environment. I look forward to next Monday at OR.

I thought it was our best rebounding game against a quality opponent so far this year.  Also the best defensive and turnover game of the year.  The only thing off was the offensive side.  Looking forward to the next game.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:04 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Coach Green was up to something last night. I couldn't fall asleep last night trying to figure it out. Then it hit me! David Clary mentioned it a time or two during the game.

Substitution pattern! It was different. Osborn started but barely played. The sharpshooting sophomore played just briefly. Only sub to play a lot of minutes was Flip.

He must have wanted to see how the players who did play all of the game would handle the pressure of the game and being dog tired in the hot and hostile gym. My guess what we saw last night is how he plans to sub during the upcoming Tournaments.

Just a thought.

Super effort Wildcats. We will beat the Dragons at home. Good luck in Class AAA Clinton. I hope you win State.

Fresh legs were key in that game coach green has to find a way to rest Kel even if it’s for 20-30 seconds. No disrespect to Dodi truss but with fresh legs down the stretch Kel wouldn’t have any problems against his defense

Nothing like watching them Wildcats run Clinton out the gym.The best team won this time and another great job by the Oak Ridge staff.I dont watch Clinton besides when they play Oak Ridge but I would take Kell all day over JG for Clinton.Maybe Oak Ridge just shuts him down but Kell shows out when we need him most.Go Wildcats

10 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Nothing like watching them Wildcats run Clinton out the gym.The best team won this time and another great job by the Oak Ridge staff.I dont watch Clinton besides when they play Oak Ridge but I would take Kell all day over JG for Clinton.Maybe Oak Ridge just shuts him down but Kell shows out when we need him most.Go Wildcats

In fairness to Garner, we double him a lot every time we play them and try to make some of their other players beat us. The other night Thackerson and a few others stepped up and got the job done, but last night other than the PG Bright, none of the others were able to step up and get it done. You’re right though, Kell is clutch. Honestly, though, we don’t win that game last night without the play of both twins. They were excellent on D and on the boards, and hit some huge shots along the way. That was HUGE, especially with Searcy in foul trouble the whole game just about.

1 hour ago, hoopsfanatic said:

I know this is Oak Ridge room, but how do you see the Region playing out? I dont think you get challenged in your district. I think it comes down to Oak Ridge, Farragut & Bearden.

East/ Farragut game tonight should be a good one.

I think Powell, Karns, and Campbell County are all capable of beating us. They pretty much all proved it during the season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SweetScience said:

In fairness to Garner, we double him a lot every time we play them and try to make some of their other players beat us. The other night Thackerson and a few others stepped up and got the job done, but last night other than the PG Bright, none of the others were able to step up and get it done. You’re right though, Kell is clutch. Honestly, though, we don’t win that game last night without the play of both twins. They were excellent on D and on the boards, and hit some huge shots along the way. That was HUGE, especially with Searcy in foul trouble the whole game just about.

Your point about the twins was great.I love how they play and get the most out of what they can do.They have improved so much.Not just this yr but last we shut JG down.I remember he needed pts in garbage time at Oak Ridge last yr to have anything.I think Bright is their best player when I have seen them.Cant believe Lockard thought Truss could guard Kell.We are just so spoiled to have a basketball team that maximizes our potential every yr.We rarely ever lose in our district or to other local teams and think nothing about it.Hopefully we can get out of region and have a one game shot at going back to State again