2021 - 2022 Oak Ridge Boys Basketball

WilleTheWildcat

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Your point about the twins was great.I love how they play and get the most out of what they can do.They have improved so much.Not just this yr but last we shut JG down.I remember he needed pts in garbage time at Oak Ridge last yr to have anything.I think Bright is their best player when I have seen them.Cant believe Lockard thought Truss could guard Kell.We are just so spoiled to have a basketball team that maximizes our potential every yr.We rarely ever lose in our district or to other local teams and think nothing about it.Hopefully we can get out of region and have a one game shot at going back to State again

I am a big fan of the twins, too. They have no fear and stick their noses into anything and everything. They are what people call WINNERS. 

What was the Clinton coach trying to do by calling those two timeouts with seconds left? A message to his players? 

It was great listening to the YouTube Prep Radio stream. Myers did a GREAT job. Clary and Haste made sure everything ran smoothly.

RWR!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I am a big fan of the twins, too. They have no fear and stick their noses into anything and everything. They are what people call WINNERS. 

What was the Clinton coach trying to do by calling those two timeouts with seconds left? A message to his players? 

It was great listening to the YouTube Prep Radio stream. Myers did a GREAT job. Clary and Haste made sure everything ran smoothly.

RWR!

Yes we are also spoiled with great play by play guys.Clary is the goat and Alex is always great

5 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Yes we are also spoiled with great play by play guys.Clary is the goat and Alex is always great

I just thought of something. Big Ed always hired young ladies and gentlemen do work his pizza place and David Clary has forever given the youth of Oak Ridge an opportunity to work in sports broadcasting.

If you ever get a chance to join David in giving the youth an opportunity to succeed do it. 

Alex Myers is a great play by play announcer. He, Clary and Haste are best of the best.

On 12/15/2021 at 12:56 PM, BrushCreek said:

That Howard game was the worse officiated game I have ever witnessed. Howard would not have won without them. They were either parents of Howard players or Howard faculty calling the game. I mean I get it. Home team usually gets a call or two but that was the worst display of fair play I’ve ever witnessed. Refs should be reported. Definitely Howard alumni

You do realize that at McMinn only 1 foul was called on McMinn at Halftime....and the fact that When Howard played at Bradley they had 14 fouls called by halftime?!!! Not to mention the way the all district voting went....Cry me a river

1 hour ago, boyfromsi said:

Big win over West by a lot, 92-65.  I thought it was the best we have played all season.  On the the winner of Karns/CC being played now.

OR was hot from the outside tonight.

I wonder if the rest since the Clinton game played a role in their shooting accuracy. Fresh legs make everything easier.

The only thing that worried me tonight is that one West player who got many 3-ball shots to fall in the first half.

Campbell County will be tough to beat but I think we can get them.

17 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Congrats to the Wildcats on another great season.  Coach Green runs an excellent program.  Bearden and Oak Ridge is always an exciting matchup.  What is the analysis from the Oak Ridge faithful on the game last night?

Well, mine is we had one of those games where shots were not falling.  We played good enough defense to win or have a chance to win.  However, our offense was not good for that game.

What I wrote above is not to take away from a very successful season from a team that, for the most part, played the best that they could play.  Very fun team to watch.  Btw, the future is good as well.

8 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Congrats to the Wildcats on another great season.  Coach Green runs an excellent program.  Bearden and Oak Ridge is always an exciting matchup.  What is the analysis from the Oak Ridge faithful on the game last night?

We picked a bad night to not play good.For some reason we just didnt look like ourselves.I give them credit having a good yr after losing so much.We had some solid players this yr but really missed having a true post player.This team was undersized and just played hard and got the most out of what they had most nights