2021 - 2022 Oak Ridge Boys Basketball

WilleTheWildcat

14 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

What a game tonight!  Up until the last 2 minutes, I thought Campbell County had it.  The Cougars shot the ball exceptionally well and somehow we were able to turn up the pressure enough and finally knock down some shots to pull out the win. Looking for a great game against Clinton Friday night.

Gave us a run for our money, huh? That is a really good Campbell County team. They got an inside and outside presence. I could see them causing some havoc in the district tournament. They still have an outside chance to make region if they make it to the district final, right? 

10 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Gave us a run for our money, huh? That is a really good Campbell County team. They got an inside and outside presence. I could see them causing some havoc in the district tournament. They still have an outside chance to make region if they make it to the district final, right? 

Yes, they must beat West on Thursday.  They are a good team, especially if Long and Brady are playing well.  I thought our defensive pressure finally got to them in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter by pushing them to play faster than they wanted to.  They had a good chance to go up by 8 or 9 late in the game and made a foolish drive to the basket when they had been scorching 3s the whole game. 

The District tournament should be interesting.  All of the teams are very capable of getting hot and beating everyone else, including us.  I still think we had a strong upside and have yet to play our best ball.  Starting the Friday, we have an incredible stretch of basketball that includes Clinton (2x), West and Fulton.

The streak stops tonight for the Wildcats if a few key players for the Dragons can stay out of foul trouble. It is definitely an advantage for the Dragons to be playing at home. The Dragons are senior loaded and streaky shooters. I heard that they faced some adversity against Fulton earlier in the week with foul trouble and Fulton's athleticism. It is going to be a great atmosphere and game. 

On 2/2/2022 at 1:42 PM, boyfromsi said:

Yes, they must beat West on Thursday.  They are a good team, especially if Long and Brady are playing well.  I thought our defensive pressure finally got to them in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter by pushing them to play faster than they wanted to.  They had a good chance to go up by 8 or 9 late in the game and made a foolish drive to the basket when they had been scorching 3s the whole game. 

The District tournament should be interesting.  All of the teams are very capable of getting hot and beating everyone else, including us.  I still think we had a strong upside and have yet to play our best ball.  Starting the Friday, we have an incredible stretch of basketball that includes Clinton (2x), West and Fulton.

Update:  CC beat West for 2nd place. 

2 hours ago, 2011Class said:

The OR seniors were 4&5 years old the last time Clinton beat OR in basketball 12 years and over 25 games, does Clinton stop the streak tonight?

It is certainly within the realm of possibility.  We will have to play our best ball of the year to win.  Clinton is very good and maybe the best 3A school in East TN. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 1:22 PM, SweetScience said:

SweetScience, I know Catholic played at Oak Ridge last year, do you know why they didn't play this year?  Would have been nice to see the Irish play some more area teams (Catholic played West and Bearden) in a non region match-up. I think it would have been a good game considering the season both teams are having.

Edited by QSouth89

1 hour ago, QSouth89 said:

SweetScience, I know Catholic played at Oak Ridge last year, do you know why they didn't play this year?  Would have been nice to see the Irish play some more area teams (Catholic played West and Bearden) in a non region match-up. I think it would have been a good game considering the season both teams are having.

I have no idea there, my friend? Maybe Green & the Cats are skeert?

7 hours ago, 2011Class said:

The OR seniors were 4&5 years old the last time Clinton beat OR in basketball 12 years and over 25 games, does Clinton stop the streak tonight?

It won’t surprise me if they do, they’re very talented. They definitely have the edge in talent, for sure. OR definitely has the edge in coaching. We’ll lace ‘em up and see how it pans out. Should be a doozy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Traitor said:

The streak stops tonight for the Wildcats if a few key players for the Dragons can stay out of foul trouble. It is definitely an advantage for the Dragons to be playing at home. The Dragons are senior loaded and streaky shooters. I heard that they faced some adversity against Fulton earlier in the week with foul trouble and Fulton's athleticism. It is going to be a great atmosphere and game. 

Clinton starting 5 is better but I think OR bench contribute better which could be key. Harrison will be key for Clinton if he goes off like he can against his match up Clinton should win because OR is probably going to double garner all night and make someone else beat them

29 minutes ago, 2011Class said:

Clinton starting 5 is better but I think OR bench contribute better which could be key. Harrison will be key for Clinton if he goes off like he can against his match up Clinton should win because OR is probably going to double garner all night and make someone else beat them

The thing with that is Thackerson and the other guard are really good, as well. Garner is really good, but I’m not sure if I’d double up on him or not, cause those other 2 can definitely make you pay.