Gaddis has retired

HTV

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Are you kidding?  Oak Ridge is known as "the Secret City",  there was this little thing that happened here called the Manhattan Project.  You can Google it. 

I know my history. I'm talking as it relates to football. People knew Gaddis was retiring before it was even announced so I doubt it'll be a classified secret

Edited by MidTennFootball

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I know my history. I'm talking as it relates to football. People knew Gaddis was retiring before it was even announced so I doubt it'll be a classified secret

Yeah, I was just kiddin' about that.  But Nobody knew he was retiring.  Not even his own staff.  Many were hoping he would retire, there were rumors, speculation, and wishful thinking, but nobody "Knew", including his closest friend in Oak Ridge, the voice of the Wildcats, DCCATVOICE. 

Whoever hires the next coach I have faith it will be a good one.They have a track record of hiring good coaches.I only know of one bad hire in football and rumor was the principal at the time went against who committee had picked then bolted.Other than that they do good in all sports hiring coaches.Good thing about a committee you have better chance of getting best guy instead of where one person might hire a friend 

11 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Whoever hires the next coach I have faith it will be a good one.They have a track record of hiring good coaches.I only know of one bad hire in football and rumor was the principal at the time went against who committee had picked then bolted.Other than that they do good in all sports hiring coaches.Good thing about a committee you have better chance of getting best guy instead of where one person might hire a friend 

I'll bite. Who did the committee want before the principal hired SS?

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a committee if you go against their recommendation. AE must have been freaking loaded for Stevens to win a title

Lol I know.I didnt even have to say a name and you knew who I was talking about.To tell you the truth I cant remember.Ive heard too many stories about who interviewed and who they wanted that if I throw a name out it might be wrong.What was bad was how he overruled committee knowing he was leaving for another job.Im gonna try and figure out who it was they wanted.For some reason I want to say it was Gaddis but maybe not

8 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Lol I know.I didnt even have to say a name and you knew who I was talking about.To tell you the truth I cant remember.Ive heard too many stories about who interviewed and who they wanted that if I throw a name out it might be wrong.What was bad was how he overruled committee knowing he was leaving for another job.Im gonna try and figure out who it was they wanted.For some reason I want to say it was Gaddis but maybe not

Having seen his teams at LaVergne, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Although, his record at AE was exactly the same as Lussier's at OR. Unfortunately, losing the BCB with that STACKED team OR had was a sign of things to come.

7 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

This is not going to surprise anybody .....I liked and supported our hometown Head Coach Stanton Stevens. 

From his media appearances, I can absolutely see why people liked Stevens. Any time I heard him on the radio, he sounded smart and relatable/charismatic. I just don't think he was willing to put in the work needed to win big at that level. His teams at LaVergne had plenty of talent, yet won just 1 playoff game in his 10 seasons there

9 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

It's been a while, but I seem to remember one media outlet announcing the return of Joe Gaddis before KG pulled the rug out.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 10:13 AM, OR nole said:

It's been a while, but I seem to remember one media outlet announcing the return of Joe Gaddis before KG pulled the rug out.

This is exactly right.  Jimmy Hyams reported on SportsTalk that Joe Gaddis has been rehired as OR HC.  Then, KG hired Stevens.  The difference this time around is that the principal chose the committee members.