Gaddis has retired

HTV

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

This is exactly right.  Jimmy Hyams reported on SportsTalk that Joe Gaddis has been rehired as OR HC.  Then, KG hired Stevens.  The difference this time around is that the principal chose the committee members.  

Interesting. He also reported that Jeff Brohm had been hired as UT's football coach a couple of searches back, too.  

On 11/15/2021 at 4:33 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Blade jinxed them when he changed their traditional helmet they wore for years. Joe at least changed that back,

No connection to OR at all, but why on earth would you change one of the most impressive helmets in Tennessee football? If I'm the AD, as soon as that thought gets mentioned, I realize I've made a horrible mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any new news / rumors on the search.

How about the coach from Permian? The movie or TV coach, it doesn't matter to me. I just want the Oak Ridge MOJO / Swagger back.

Also, Santa is still taking coaching ideas at...TheBigRedWildcatCoach search. I say we sign Santa and have him use his crystal ball to tell us which players from the other teams have  been naughty or nice

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Amen. I’ve been enamored with it since I was old enough to walk. 

Best helmet(s) in the state might make for an interesting thread especially as a relative newcomer to TN.  I am most familiar with DII-AAA as that is our region.

I like Oakland’s “Patriot Pat” as I thought it was the best lid in the NFL when worn by the NE Patriots.  It is far better IMO than the current Flying Patriot.  

38 minutes ago, JRB said:

Best helmet(s) in the state might make for an interesting thread especially as a relative newcomer to TN.  I am most familiar with DII-AAA as that is our region.

I like Oakland’s “Patriot Pat” as I thought it was the best lid in the NFL when worn by the NE Patriots.  It is far better IMO than the current Flying Patriot.  

Couldn’t agree more. I love(d) the old school NE Patriots uniforms much much better than the current ones. Jefferson County Patriots also have that exact same logo on their helmets, just like Oakland does.

14 minutes ago, adalum96 said:

I heard this afternoon that Gaddis is taking over as AD. 

That's been out there as a possibility.   

If he can do it without temptation of over managing the football coaching hire it would probably be the best case scenario.