Gaddis has retired

HTV

2 hours ago, HTV said:

That's been out there as a possibility.   

If he can do it without temptation of over managing the football coaching hire it would probably be the best case scenario.  

Per his last show with DC, he has no desire to be involved in it. In his own words, he would stay as far away as possible from anything football related. Granted, that was before anybody had mentioned him being the heir apparent to the AD position, if it’s even true. Maybe DC can clear that up for us.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, bounder said:

Well what do you do with the AD and asst. AD we already have?

The current AD could become the weights and conditioning coach for Middle and High Schools. Maybe there are other Administration positions in the OR School System open? How about this? Minor hires Mullins as a coach at HVA?

Maybe I should shut up? My wife would love that.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bounder said:

Yeah that's what the Oak Ridge School System needs .... more Administration positions.  Sorry we're top heavy with them now!

Yeah, most school systems are.

But it is the Christmas season and I don't want to see people get fired so I tried to find jobs for them. Mullins has given a lot to ORHS and doesn't deserve to be forced out. I never have liked his No Live Streaming of Home games but I understood why he was doing it.

I have a idea about why nobody has been named HC at OR. Everybody is waiting to see who gets the Lenoir City job. Once that is filled every other job will get filled. I am kidding.

On 11/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, SweetScience said:

Couldn’t agree more. I love(d) the old school NE Patriots uniforms much much better than the current ones. Jefferson County Patriots also have that exact same logo on their helmets, just like Oakland does.

JeffCo had it when Oakland had the "O" . When Oakland changed, I used the JeffCo helmet on some of my goofy graphics.

9 minutes ago, adalum96 said:

Pieces falling in place with Mullins stepping down as AD today. 

What are the pieces you talk about? This opens the door for Gaddis to have an important role in OR athletics as AD.

...but who gets the really big piece of the puzzle? Head Coach? I am going with Whitten from Betsy after the State Titles are won.

44 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

What are the pieces you talk about? This opens the door for Gaddis to have an important role in OR athletics as AD.

...but who gets the really big piece of the puzzle? Head Coach? I am going with Whitten from Betsy after the State Titles are won.

I can’t see him ditching out on his hometown team, especially after the great run they’ve had there the past 3 or so years. Money talks though, and maybe he is looking for a newfound challenge, you never know? He’s accomplished just about all you can @ Elizabethton. FWIW, he did apply after Blade left, from my understanding. I would prefer him over anybody else, but that’s just me.

• 2 weeks later...