Miner to HVA story

HTV

Jeff always had good defenses at OR and has always developed great linebackers. He learned a lot from Coach Bruce Lussier about defense and has carried it out on the field.  This last season, his defense kept OR in most games, with only Powell and Greeneville winning by more than one score. OR struggled so much on offense that it left the defense on the field and wotj turnovers more than it should have been and it wore down some late in games.

He will put a good defensive team on the field at Hardin Valley, and I think in a couple of years they will be in the upper part of that region, passing all but Maryville. 

4 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Jeff always had good defenses at OR and has always developed great linebackers. He learned a lot from Coach Bruce Lussier about defense and has carried it out on the field.  This last season, his defense kept OR in most games, with only Powell and Greeneville winning by more than one score. OR struggled so much on offense that it left the defense on the field and wotj turnovers more than it should have been and it wore down some late in games.

He will put a good defensive team on the field at Hardin Valley, and I think in a couple of years they will be in the upper part of that region, passing all but Maryville. 

I think this a good move for Miner and a well deserved one. If he does well at HVA and ever wants to return to OR as the head coach later, his chances will be much improved. It's doubtful that OR would ever hire someone other than a proven and successful head coach. Miner will ultimately become just that

9 minutes ago, catswild said:

I think this a good move for Miner and a well deserved one. If he does well at HVA and ever wants to return to OR as the head coach later, his chances will be much improved. It's doubtful that OR would ever hire someone other than a proven and successful head coach. Miner will ultimately become just that

I suspect that OR will want someone with proven Head Coaching experience. Historically, they haven't elevated assistants, with the exception of Coach Lussier in 1999, but he had been on the staff since 1981 as a DC and had Head Coaching experience at Halls in the late 70s. Jeff is making the right move since he will be working for a friend who is a former coach and he is coming in with a chance to build from the bottom up,  If he revives Hardin Valley to a contender and playoff trips each season, in a couple of years, he will be a hot item.

I personally think it was a slap in the face. You didn't see Maryville go out and go hire someone else, plus he had Gaddis there at his finger tips if he needed help. I must of set my clock forward two weeks a couple of weeks ago to know what was going down over there and I told it on the Oak Ridge 2022 thread, 3rd page you boy's don't know it yet but your fixing to get a new coach and then Czarstar865 said I was a clown if anyone would like to check back and fact check it. All I'm saying is if Oak Ridge don't get a home run hire which right now is looking very doubtful this will haunt them for years to come.

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I personally think it was a slap in the face. You didn't see Maryville go out and go hire someone else, plus he had Gaddis there at his finger tips if he needed help. I must of set my clock forward two weeks a couple of weeks ago to know what was going down over there and I told it on the Oak Ridge 2022 thread, 3rd page you boy's don't know it yet but your fixing to get a new coach and then Czarstar865 said I was a clown if anyone would like to check back and fact check it. All I'm saying is if Oak Ridge don't get a home run hire which right now is looking very doubtful this will haunt them for years to come.

I remember the "clown" comment and don't need to fact check you.

Don't worry, I have a crystal ball that says OR will hit a Home Run Hire. Does the name Saban ring a bill??? Well, who cares cuz it ain't Nick.:roflol:

The new OR coach will be Coach Clifford the BIg Red Cat-Dog. I am not sheeting you. :-)

13 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

WTH happened to Czar?? Saw the writing on the wall I guess.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

WTH happened to Czar?? Saw the writing on the wall I guess.

I have a few thoughts on that:

A. wasn't smart enough to keep up with all of his accounts

B. got tired of arguing with himself

C. realized that he was making a complete fool out of himself

D.  Coach T shut him down

E.  All of the above

11 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I have a few thoughts on that:

A. wasn't smart enough to keep up with all of his accounts

B. got tired of arguing with himself

C. realized that he was making a complete fool out of himself

D.  Coach T shut him down

E.  All of the above

F. Wrong

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Sry i hurt you so much ur still talkin bout it. 

Gaddis will be misssed.