What has happened to Rutherford county football ?

TSSAAdaddy

4 hours ago, bbragg said:

Bottom line is big spur is going to take care of Oakland. Got a stepson at OHS and a daughter at OMS. He hired Creasy, so no trouble on getting any transfers / recruits in. Smooth sailing.

You're insinuating that Spurlock cheats for Creasy and Oakland.  Yeah I'm sure he would risk his entire career so that Oakland can win football games.

Your garbage is laughable.  Put up or shut up.  

1 hour ago, JArrington said:

I think we have done well in Wilco to have quality programs.  The talent does seem to kinda rotate among a few schools, but overall most schools are competitive year in and year out.  Ruco seems to be really top heavy.  Oakland is no doubt the class of the county and Middle Tennessee, but their other programs are not up to par with maybe the exception of Riverdale.  Blackman beating Brentwood early was a surprise to me this year.  After that, I expected more out of Blackman, but they seemed to stumble.

Is Oakland that much more talented than the other schools?  If so, why would the zoning favor them? 

Socioeconomics would probably have a lot to do with it.  

3 hours ago, JArrington said:

I think we have done well in Wilco to have quality programs.  The talent does seem to kinda rotate among a few schools, but overall most schools are competitive year in and year out.  Ruco seems to be really top heavy.  Oakland is no doubt the class of the county and Middle Tennessee, but their other programs are not up to par with maybe the exception of Riverdale.  Blackman beating Brentwood early was a surprise to me this year.  After that, I expected more out of Blackman, but they seemed to stumble.

Is Oakland that much more talented than the other schools?  If so, why would the zoning favor them? 

No dog in the hunt, but has anyone wondered why Creasy has won the Region since 2015?  Could it actually be that he outworks everyone?

Edited by TomLHS
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

You're insinuating that Spurlock cheats for Creasy and Oakland.  Yeah I'm sure he would risk his entire career so that Oakland can win football games.

Your garbage is laughable.  Put up or shut up.  

So Creasy started in 2015, and he has dominated the region since that time......I am no Rhodes Scholar, however, the common denominator appears to be...............CREASY!

6 hours ago, bbragg said:

Bottom line is big spur is going to take care of Oakland. Got a stepson at OHS and a daughter at OMS. He hired Creasy, so no trouble on getting any transfers / recruits in. Smooth sailing.

Does his stepson play quarterback? We sure could use at the Dale next year.

16 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

No dog in the hunt, but has anyone wondered why Creasy has won the Region since 2015?  Could it actually be that he outworks everyone?

14 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

So Creasy started in 2015, and he has dominated the region since that time......I am no Rhodes Scholar, however, the common denominator appears to be...............CREASY!

8 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

Come on guys, I used to hear the same things about Rankin.  Heck, no one hates losing to Oakland than me, but let's at least quit making excuses.  I thought we (Riverdale) had the tools to make the move, but the Offense never materialized. 

This ^^^^^^^

23 hours ago, TSSAAdaddy said:

I am aware of all Buck's recruits, raiding the Metro privates for James and Horton, Oakland's QB transferring from Riverdale and the Pats hoarding all the talent, but still no other Rutherford county team makes it past round 2. I never thought I would ever see that day. 

I realize you are referring only to the 6A - but the MTCS Cougars in in the semifinals!

4 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

No, only two Murfreesboro schools can. Rutherford includes Smyrna, Stewarts Creek, and LA Vergne. There is validity to his question. 

Since Smyrna is in the west side of the bracket and they would have won there could possibly be 3 Rutherford county teams playing this week. For instance Oakand, Riverdale (had they won) and Smyrna in the west side of the 6A bracket (had they won).