5A Quarterfinals - Page @ Green Hill

WilsonCountyFan85

Surprised I haven't seen any posts regarding this game (well, pretty much any Green Hill game over the last few weeks). Should be an entertaining game. Page is the most dangerous foe Green Hill has seen all year and if they get into trouble like they did against Hillsboro/East Nashville/Mt. Juliet/Franklin County, I don't see how they have another miracle fourth quarter.

If Hawks can keep McNamara grounded and bat some balls down while running it down Page's throat, they can scoot on to the semifinals, but part of me believes this is the end of the line for Green Hill this year.

I got a tight one: Page 28, Green Hill 27

I think this is going to be a heck of a game and am looking forward to it! I know Green Hill is only in their second year but you guys came on strong in that first year. I know we have got to be better on the perimeter and not get caught looking. We have had a tendency to watch the ball and try to make individual plays all year long. I noticed coach started pulling kids and that seemed to correct it somewhat. 

I sure hope you are right and we come out on top of this one! But, I don't know if we can just get over this hump! You guys had a pretty good schedule this year and faced some decent competition. We will see how our O line can hold up to the pressure. I think if we can do that, it will open up our run game.

9 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

We will see how our O line can hold up to the pressure. I think if we can do that, it will open up our run game.

That's the big one, right there. Green Hill, defensively, has been an absolute beast up front. The only team that's ran against them for bulk yardage so far has been Columbia Central and, to an extent, Mt. Juliet. I think that's one of my keys for this one, whether or not the Hawks can put enough pressure on McNamara to make him make mistakes. William

Regardless, I'm super pumped for this one. It's going to be great!

What a game for the Patriots. I’m so proud of this program. It was another well played football game. A few mistakes here and there, otherwise Page could have won by more then they did. Regardless, this is the playoffs and the goal is to be winning on the scoreboard at the end of the game. The kids played with so much heart and effort once again. This is a special group. The coaches did a heck of a job preparing them and getting them ready to play too. I am so proud of everyone in the program and thankful they get to play one more. 

I still want to say hats off too Coach Crouch and his Green Hill team. This is just their second year of varsity football and they are making huge strides already. I imagine they are just getting started and will be in the playoffs again. A well coached and classy team from what I can tell. Best of luck down the road.