2021 - 2022 Oak Ridge Lady Wildcat Basketball

WilleTheWildcat

• 2 weeks later...

First, I need to apologize for not posting info on the 2021 Nike Tournament of Champions before now. I did all the research but never put it up on CoachT.

The Liberty team that beat OR Saturday is 8 - 0 and ranked #2 in Nevada according to MaxPrep. They were taller than us and could drain the 3 ball. Our Freshmen players fought hard. The Refs let the pay get rough but our girls were up to the challenge. Clary and the broadcast team were under a lot of pressure but they did manage to stream the game and put it up on the YouTube Prepradio.com channel.

******* E D I T *******

OR will play Shadow Mountain, CA

Monday at 5:00 the Lady Wildcats play Rancho Christian from Temecula. CA. They are 8 - 6 on the season and riding a four game winless skid. They only have one 6 footer and that should help our small but quick Wildcats.

Clary is hoping to stream the game so when the Five O'Clock Whistle Blows, get home and support the Lady Wildcats.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

14 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

That seems to be a problem with live streaming. Write and complain. They'll get the nerds, who obviously don't understand the importance of the scoreboard or much else, to focus on the score during timeouts, etc.

It works.

No way will I take your advice. Sorry. The people who broadcast Oak Ridge sports are solid, 100% dedicated to making the sports program the best. I would go crazy with out Oak Ridge sports on the computer.

27 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

No way will I take your advice. Sorry. The people who broadcast Oak Ridge sports are solid, 100% dedicated to making the sports program the best. I would go crazy with out Oak Ridge sports on the computer.

Sorry, for not understanding.

I've listened a couple of times to Oak Ridge basketball and it was well done. Fortunately for you, you have not had to avail yourself of live streaming video without the benefit of live vocal play by play.

Had you ever watched live-stream basketball, (or even worse, volleyball) you most likely would have spent much time trying to figure out the score, on account of the inability of those getting paid to do the legwork on scene (sorry for calling them nerds) who never take shots of the scoreboard. 

Thanks to people like me, who complain to PAID providers, much more attention has been given to the cameras taking shots of the scoreboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boyfromsi said:

Oak Ridge defeats Shadow Mountain HS, Phoenix 55-27.  Will play tomorrow at 5:00 pm against either Mesquite or Mesa, AZ.

Oak Ridge will play Mesa, AZ. unapproved website ranks them #25 in Arizona. Mesa lost on Saturday to Bishop O'Dowd 32 - 52 and defeated Mesquite 42 - 29 today.

Maxprep has an incomplete Mesa roster which has several players 5' 10" and one 5' 11 girl. Should be a tough game for OR. The freshmen players are going to have to keep improving.

We were our own worst enemy. Never came together, made a bunch of turnovers and couldn't make a make a basket. Just one of those days! Need to do better today.

However this is a great experience for these girls. The whole trip is one of those "Once in a Life time" things. Hats off to Paige for making this possible for them.

WILDCAT PRIDE  

• Like 1