2021 - 2022 Oak Ridge Lady Wildcat Basketball

WilleTheWildcat

10 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Mesa defeated Oak Ridge.

This afternoon, Oak Ridge will take on St. Anthony Saints from Long Beach, CA. 

So far in Phoenix, the Saints have :

Saints   32       La Salle Prep   45

Saints   47       Pinnacle,  AZ   41

Saints   50       Mount Miguel, CA   68

Oak Ridge lost today to go 1 - 4 at the Nike Tournament of Champions. OR will need to be more steady at the Greene County Classic after Christmas.

The Lady Wildcats have a bright future ahead of them.

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Oak Ridge lost today to go 1 - 4 at the Nike Tournament of Champions. OR will need to be more steady at the Greene County Classic after Christmas.

The Lady Wildcats have a bright future ahead of them.

Of course, we all want our teams to win. 

#1These kids had a great opportunity to travel to a distant place. 

#2 Living on the road will get them accustomed to hotel rooms, hasty meals, and 9am practices when the state tournament rolls around.

#3 This year's Ladies Classic in Greeneville will be an additional challenge with maybe a little bit of jet lag. I'm always looking forward to seeing Oak Ridge come to Greeneville. Some great players they have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

Of course, we all want our teams to win. 

#1These kids had a great opportunity to travel to a distant place. 

#2 Living on the road will get them accustomed to hotel rooms, hasty meals, and 9am practices when the state tournament rolls around.

#3 This year's Ladies Classic in Greeneville will be an additional challenge with maybe a little bit of jet lag. I'm always looking forward to seeing Oak Ridge come to Greeneville. Some great players they have.

I think as you watch this OR team keep in mind the future these girls have to really appreciate the beauty of the basketball they play. In case you didn't know 4 of the players played together last season as 8th graders for Robertsville Oak Ridge Middle School. They won the Middle School State Championship last year and was second place in 2020.

Greeneville will be a challenge but they should learn a lot.

Thank you for the kind words you have written about the Lady Wildcats      RWR!

12 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I think as you watch this OR team keep in mind the future these girls have to really appreciate the beauty of the basketball they play. In case you didn't know 4 of the players played together last season as 8th graders for Robertsville Oak Ridge Middle School. They won the Middle School State Championship last year and was second place in 2020.

Greeneville will be a challenge but they should learn a lot.

Thank you for the kind words you have written about the Lady Wildcats      RWR!

The "future" could be "now." I think much of that depends on how well Coach Paige Redmon (she will always be known by her playing name here in this tournament) prepares them. My guess is that she will know her players after this Arizona road trip. Good Luck!

PS: I spoke at length with Coach Redmon's father a few years back at the Ladies Classic. What a proud and special man he was to talk with.

Edited by Americal198

1 minute ago, Americal198 said:

The "future" could be "now." I think much of that depends on how well Coach Paige Redmon (she will always be known by her playing name here in this tournament) prepares them. My guess is that she will know her players after this road trip. Good Luck!

PS: I spoke at length with Coach Redmon's father a few years back at the Ladies Classic. What a proud and special man he was to talk with.

It sounds like you have a great time up there. I'm jealous. Coach Paige Redmond ( Taylor )'s daughter is junior Kannon Green. She is a heady player with a good short range jumper. Have a Great Christmas and enjoy the basketball.

36 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

It sounds like you have a great time up there. I'm jealous. Coach Paige Redmond ( Taylor )'s daughter is junior Kannon Green. She is a heady player with a good short range jumper. Have a Great Christmas and enjoy the basketball.

Yes. I remember Kannon from a couple of years ago. During the tournament, it seemed as if Coach Redmon was bringing her daughter along slowly, as a coach who knew her players would do. 

I'll do my best to see Oak Ridge in the tourney and report back here.

The website for this tournament is.... https://ajblc.com

Oak Ridge opens play at 12 noon Dec. 28 against Pulaski County ( Dublin, VA ) Lady Cougars.  PCHS is 4 - 1 and ranked # 17 in Virginia. Leading players are Keslyn Grace, Terya Blankenship and Courtney Creeger

Last season the Lady Cougars went 14 - 1 and finished State Runner Up in Class 4 A.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont post enough about our great boys and girls basketball program at Oak Ridge.We are lucky to have great coaches and get to watch great teams year after year.There is a lot I want to say but wont get into it all on here.Our coaches and players need all the support they can get. So if you have the time and are able please get out and watch.I got to watch the girls for the 1st time in person this yr at Greenville and was embarrassed by some our fans and players families.The way some yelled from the stands bashing our coach for all to hear was sick.Its bad enough that they fill the kids heads with crap but its even worse when you're at a special tournament representing our city.It was so bad other teams fans and coaches in the stands was talking about how something should be done about it.Ive only met Coach Taylor one time and know little about her but hope she knows most of us dont approve of that garbage.After talking with some past players I was made aware how bad it is at every game.We have a really special young group that is being ruined by adults who under mind and trash their own kids coach daily.Threats of transferring to rival schools and public trashing of coach happens daily according to many that keep up with program closer than me.Most of these parents are only happy if their kid is the star of the day.They dont realize the rep that they already have around womens basketball and that no college coach will want nothing to do with any of them involved.Im just sad for the coaches and players that could have a team capable of winning multiple championships if not for the selfishness.Do better 

• Like 1

I don't want to put pressure on this player but is  Jenna Johnson starting to remind you of a former Lady Wildcat? 

I think Oak Ridge is now 8 - 8. The best 8 - 8 team ever. Take every game as a step forward and believe.

Tee Higgins' team is playing with the motto " WHY NOT US.? " Maybe his niece should ask the Lady Wildcats WHY NOT US?