2021 - 2022 Oak Ridge Lady Wildcat Basketball

WilleTheWildcat

On 3/1/2022 at 10:16 AM, bounder said:

Well nobody seems to care but I do! Our girls got beaten by a very good Farragut team last night to end their season. We played well on defense but just couldn't overcome the size of the Farragut players. They were tall. Plus there was a "lid" on our basket all night as we couldn't get anything to go in! 

Thanks for the great season and we enjoyed watching our Lady Wildcats!!

WILDCAT PRIDE

Of course you care. You have been there for the Lady Wildcats all season.  So has STILLNUM1, boyfromsi and his whole family and SS threw in his support as well. There was others, too.

I tend to take the Lady Wildcats season ending games difficult. This year was no different. I  thought Coach Taylor and her staff did a great job blending the youth and seniors together.

Now, I will turn my attention to boys soccer and baseball. Both teams will have games streamed or at least they did last season. Track is harder to follow but I will try.

RWR! Oak Ridge, the best High School in Tennessee.

• 3 weeks later...

After seven years at Oak Ridge as an Assistant Coach, Lauren Trent has moved on to become the Head Coach at Knoxville Karns. Best of luck to Lauren and the Lady Beavers.

Considering the talent level at Oak Ridge ( VERY YOUNG and VERY HIGH ) a lot of good young coaches will probably want to join Oak Ridge's staff. 

Good luck everyone. RWR!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/20/2022 at 4:04 PM, boyfromsi said:

A big Wildcat welcome home to our next assistant coach Angela Phillips-Wright.  Coach Taylor has built a strong staff.  Looking forward to next season.

I was lucky to be still living in Oak Ridge when Angela was our point guard along with shooting guard Stephanie Holbrook...two Clinton players who grew up playing for Jennifer Wilson's dad on the AAU Tennessee Ridge Runners. I saw Jennifer drain 7 three balls in the AAU State Tournament at I think Mt. Juliet. I followed the Ridge Runners and the Tennessee Stars around for about 5 years. Coach Burkey always made me fell a part of the team. I didn't get to know Coach Wilson much but knew Mrs. Lee well because she picked up her grandchildren at the Oak Ridge Nursery School where I worked. When I moved to Chattanooga to teach at Woodmore Elem. I would bump into Jennifer as she trained around downtown for UTC basketball.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...