Indy job open

bigdawgtn

Curious to see who applies for the job. I do think it’s an attractive job to have, but I don’t know if it’s the best job to have. They have to deal with Summitt and Ravenwood in their region. And they have to match up with Collierville, Germantown, and Whitehaven in Region 8. I’ve also noticed this place receives a lot of transfers coming in.

I think it’ll be the best interest for Independence to look at the applicants who have applied for the job, but Indy needs to be the one calling people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 10:42 PM, MERCYRULER said:

He has been at OR before and did nothing 

I kind of disagree with the observation that Coach Blade "did nothing" at Oak Ridge, he inherited a damaged program and coached them back how to play football, his first year was OK, but his last three years were pretty good, including 2010 playoff run to the semifinals, beating Bradley and RIverdale and losing to Maryville in the semifinals. 2011, got to the quarterfinals losing on the road to Riverdale, and 2012, his last season, beating a good Science Hill team, then losing the second round at Maryville, which the game was tied 25-25 early 4th quarter and he loses his quarterback. He is a very good technical football coach, there isn't a position he doesn't know how to coach, watching film with him was a treat since I learned a lot from listening to him break it down. I understand he is leaning toward a job out of football, why not, he has two state championships at Hillsboro and Independence and I think one from his time in California. 

25 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Yeah..........he's coming from a pretty good 4a region, but nothing compared to what he will be going against here.

True, but he'll have talent to work with. 7-6A is a grinder, but Brentwood is replacing some pieces and Summit obviously  graduates alot. Won't be a bad year to get accustomed to the league