Sequoyah Football

Sandman63

Greetings! It's been a minute since I have been on here. I usually just lurk around but I haven't been as involved since my son graduated. I was interested to see if there was anyone talking about this opening and saw this topic. 

Does anyone know if Bobby White has applied or has interest in the job? He won several games at Sequoyah, got the team to the playoffs and had it headed in the right direction before he had to step away for a few years. I thought he was still at the school teaching but someone told me he is an assistant at Sweetwater coaching with Mike Martin.  My son and his friends always enjoyed playing for him. 

21 minutes ago, Chief4life said:

Greetings! It's been a minute since I have been on here. I usually just lurk around but I haven't been as involved since my son graduated. I was interested to see if there was anyone talking about this opening and saw this topic. 

Does anyone know if Bobby White has applied or has interest in the job? He won several games at Sequoyah, got the team to the playoffs and had it headed in the right direction before he had to step away for a few years. I thought he was still at the school teaching but someone told me he is an assistant at Sweetwater coaching with Mike Martin.  My son and his friends always enjoyed playing for him. 

I agree with everything that you said, Bobby is a great fella.  He is doing well at Sweetwater and I am 100% that if he wanted the job it would be his!  He is a fantastic fella.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sandman63 said:

I agree with everything that you said, Bobby is a great fella.  He is doing well at Sweetwater and I am 100% that if he wanted the job it would be his!  He is a fantastic fella.  

Is coach White showed interest in the job?  I watched his team play cumberland county in 15 or 16 i think it was.  I think it was his first year.  his team played hard 

Someone posted yesterday in a forum that has a kid going to that school that their having an unbelievable drug problem at that school right now. I saw where a lot of people had chimed in on it but later taken down. I realize it's a problem everywhere but it did catch my eye on facebook when they had a picture of the school sign on the page.

• Like 1

Evidently you never watched any practices while white was coaching. He left the program in a horrible shape. Need to go look at his W/L RECORD and then tell us what a great job he did. 

whoever they finally get would have to be so hard up for a job. Good coaches would not be applying for this job at this school. 

7 hours ago, Frontman said:

Evidently you never watched any practices while white was coaching. He left the program in a horrible shape. Need to go look at his W/L RECORD and then tell us what a great job he did. 

whoever they finally get would have to be so hard up for a job. Good coaches would not be applying for this job at this school. 

I did what you asked and found a pretty cool website. So here’s what I found. 
Sequoyah all time wins 

1.Bill Satterfield 32

2. Bobby White 17

2  Scott Meadows 17

Sequoyah Winning Percentage 

1. Scott Meadows 70%
2. Bill Satterfield 42%
3. Bobby White 40% 

Points Scored 

1. Bill Satterfield 1581 

2. Bobby White 915

3. Don Kerley 696

Points Against

1. Bill Satterfield 1693 

2. Bobby White 1224

3. Don Kerley 1125

Points per game scored 

1. Scott Meadows 23

2. Bobby White 22 

3. Bill Satterfield 20 

Points per game against 

1. Ryan Bolinger 45

2. Jeff Holloway 31

3. David Staff 30

School has a 33% winning percentage overall.  His teams always played hard and looked prepared to me. My question for you is how did you watch practices? Practices were closed when my son played. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 7:18 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Someone posted yesterday in a forum that has a kid going to that school that their having an unbelievable drug problem at that school right now. I saw where a lot of people had chimed in on it but later taken down. I realize it's a problem everywhere but it did catch my eye on facebook when they had a picture of the school sign on the page.

It’s really sad what is going on in our community. I was at the prayer gathering last night. It was a great turn out. I pray  the whole Sequoyah community can heal from this. 

From all the media they have gotten lately...negative for sure.  I think they hire they make doesn't have to have such a pedigree that shows that he is coming from this place or that place, he has to come in and make a positive impact.  The guy has to be a strong example and be one that hold the players to a higher standard that then makes the same impact on the school.  Its a dark time in society and its so difficult for people to understand that lots of the things happening are not just isolated to a certain school.  All schools are having things like this, maybe not as extreme, but its not perfect anywhere.  

2 hours ago, Chief4life said:

It’s really sad what is going on in our community. I was at the prayer gathering last night. It was a great turn out. I pray  the whole Sequoyah community can heal from this. 

I agree, I think that the community coming together is huge right now! I am an outsider and only see what the news and social media show, but its tough to have people looking down on your community like this!

I am sorry but here's the truth...  I've watched this program from its inception. The current administration is too lazy to do what's necessary to have a competitive program. If you care ask them these questions. 1) did you call the successful programs near you to ask if they have any coaches who might fit. 2) did you ask successful program administrators how they got the right candidate. 3) did you contact everyone who sent in interest on your job. OR did you just sit around and pat each other on the back and make excuses why you aren't trying to help your students. With current issues you might want to try to hire someone who can help