Sequoyah Football

Sandman63

First off all schools have drug problems & have going back to the 60’s.Some schools it’s more prevalent than others.It’s been bad a long time at Sequoyah.I recall years ago their band had a competition at Madison Goodpasture.The guy who helped the band(not the band directors) went out & got liquor & poured it in the drinks of some of the members who in turn got sick.There have been other stories & situations out there that are very sad.A friend of mine helped work on Sequoyah when they built it.He said they built it too small as it quickly grew bigger than what they planned.Many in Vonore feel cheated as they say the school caters to Madisonville people more & Vonore feels disrespected & has wanted their own High School for many years now.My buddy always calls schools like Sequoyah a 4/5 A school with a 3A football team.Back in the day it was harder to make the state playoffs but Vonore did make it 1 year plus had a couple of nice teams who made bowl games & won a few but were not competitive often.Madisonville never went to the state playoffs & also had a handful of decent teams who went to & won bowl games but were not very competitive often either.The Scott Meadows teams were fun to watch including the quarterfinal team.I really hope they fix the problems with drugs out there as this is NOT new by far.They kids are really good out there but some guidance is needed badly.Then I hope they fix the football situation.

2 hours ago, Chief4life said:

Who is that and where did he come from?

Finally got a head gig. You will like Coach Vestal. Great guy, high energy, enthusiasm and love for the kids. He was the  OC for McMinn County, Meigs County, McMinn Central, Lenoir City and possibly Meigs? Kids really flock to him and love him. 

Before Moody was hired on here at Central, the kids were begging administration to hire Vestal. He has been hoping for a head gig for a long time and well, congratulations Coach. Good luck!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

Finally got a head gig. You will like Coach Vestal. Great guy, high energy, enthusiasm and love for the kids. He was the  OC for McMinn County, Meigs County, McMinn Central, Lenoir City and possibly Meigs? Kids really flock to him and love him. 

Before Moody was hired on here at Central, the kids were begging administration to hire Vestal. He has been hoping for a head gig for a long time and well, congratulations Coach. Good luck!

Glad Coach Vestal got himself a head coaching job and wish him the very best.

Coach Moody was clearly the best person for the job a Central. Long time OC at a 6A school and had been Coach Floyd's right hand especially on offense. 

Maybe Sequoyah will put Central back on their non-region schedule. Long over-due to get that game back being played.                                                                           

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Wonder why Lenoir City didnt want him??

May have wanted someone that has been a head coach before possibly. Sounds like both Lenior City and Sequoyah got some decent coaches young enough to withstand all the crap both of those jobs have had to deal with over the years, hope both the best in straightening those messes out.

• Like 1