Upperman @ Elizabethton Semis

crow6424

37 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Congrats on the win over red Bank though.  Idk if playing  Elizabethton will be harder than playing Alcoa or not 

2018 vs Alcoa was a nail bitter. I don't know if UHS will win.....but I would rather play Elizabethton than Alcoa. We shall see. Lot of grit on this UHS team. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

2018 vs Alcoa was a nail bitter. I don't know if UHS will win.....but I would rather play Elizabethton than Alcoa. We shall see. Lit of grit on this UHS team. 

We know about nail bitters with Alcoa haha.  They made us better,  playing Greeneville also made us better.  Good luck and safe travels,  it’s a great football town experience.  

• Like 1

Just now, crow6424 said:

Tell us about Betsy. What do they do well?

#10 Rollins. We play through him. However Roberts can torch the defense and makes some great catches. Our biggest struggle imo was our passing game but a lot of guys stepped up and now we can be dangerous on the ground AND through the air. But the offense flows through Rollins and where he goes our offense usually follows. 

• Like 1

Upperman is kind of new to this football thing. Since my life time we have only been successful for the 8 or 9 years. We have made the Semi finals 3 times in the last 40 years. We faced Alcoa two of those times and they beat the snot out of us the first time and we took it the the wire the second time facing them but came up short. We run the ball a lot and or defense has been successful against teams in our region. Tonight we didn’t look great on d. Hopefully we can make a game out of it.

2 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Upperman is kind of new to this football thing. Since my life time we have only been successful for the 8 or 9 years. We have made the Semi finals 3 times in the last 40 years. We faced Alcoa two of those times and they beat the snot out of us the first time and we took it the the wire the second time facing them but came up short. We run the ball a lot and or defense has been successful against teams in our region. Tonight we didn’t look great on d. Hopefully we can make a game out of it.

Our defense is legit.  The amount of speed and skill in the backfield and perimeter we stopped tonight is phenomenal.  On offense like it was stated above we flow through 10.  Great runner and has an excellent arm.    I think the term I would use to describe Betsy this year would be disciplined.

• Like 1