Upperman @ Elizabethton Semis

crow6424

1 hour ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I think it’d be similar to the crowd we took to ETSU this year.  Let’s not count our chickens before they hatch.  Upperman isn’t going to just come in here and lay down.  They have played the big games against Alcoa,  it’s a program similar to Betsy prior to us taking what we deserved.  I’ll say this,  if our defense plays anything remotely close to the past 2 games it’ll be a long night for Baxter.  But they are a tough nosed program,  just don’t think they have enough to over power us.

I would be surprised if we beat you guys this year but the next two years I think we will be even more competitive. We have a lot of sophomores that are great players. We may meet up a few time more in the future.

2 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

I would be surprised if we beat you guys this year but the next two years I think we will be even more competitive. We have a lot of sophomores that are great players. We may meet up a few time more in the future.

Would be good to start a new rivalry but to make it this far we know Upperman is a good team.

13 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

He miss the season after 4th game as a sophmore, and only made playoffs 1 season. He could easily pushed for the carrer record. His team got this 9 year run started

Upperman football was lousy before him. The kids playing now were the kids coming to the games and playing backyard football behind the bleachers.

9 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Upperman football was lousy before him. The kids playing now were the kids coming to the games and playing backyard football behind the bleachers.

It’s really cool to see a team from Putnam county have some success.  I know y’all’s backs are against the wall with the administration up there.  It’s pathetic really that they won’t invest in their programs,  maybe upperman football will open their eyes.  

15 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

It’s really cool to see a team from Putnam county have some success.  I know y’all’s backs are against the wall with the administration up there.  It’s pathetic really that they won’t invest in their programs,  maybe upperman football will open their eyes.  

Cookeville is the biggest school in Putnam county so they will probably continue to get the majority of support even though Upperman sports are definitely better.

2 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Wow.  Most of our skill guys go both ways but up front we are one way only except a beef package in short yardage situations.  Linebackers are strictly defense also.  

two of our d lineman on defense will play H back for blocking almost every down on offense 

Also, we only play 3 d lineman on defense 

Edited by crow6424