Upperman @ Elizabethton Semis

crow6424

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Upperman radio guys congratulated Elizabethton but said the didn't necessarily earn it tonight.    Said Upperman made too many turnovers and mistakes.     Not sure what to make of that..... sour grapes?    or an element of truth to it?      Only someone who was at the game can answer this for sure, not us guys listening on the radio.

Sour grapes....  don’t want to eat crow after their pregame show last night.  Disciplined football teams don’t make mistakes,  we didn’t make mistakes.  They did.  Their qb is an athlete,  but definitely not a passer.  Their defense was tough,  but didn’t stop us when they needed to.  Good game from Upperman,  very good football team.  The better team won the game,  despite what their radio guys think.

1 minute ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Sour grapes....  don’t want to eat crow after their pregame show last night.  Disciplined football teams don’t make mistakes,  we didn’t make mistakes.  They did.  Their qb is an athlete,  but definitely not a passer.  Their defense was tough,  but didn’t stop us when they needed to.  Good game from Upperman,  very good football team.  The better team won the game,  despite what their radio guys think.

Exactly

11 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Exactly

I’m not joking,  upperman has some very good athletes.  That is a state caliber team next year.  Clean up the mistakes and don’t get away from what you do best.  Hind sight is 20/20 but I’m sure uppermans coach will kick himself the whole ride home.  Those boys have nothing to hold their heads down for though,  tough bunch of kids.

24 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I’m not joking,  upperman has some very good athletes.  That is a state caliber team next year.  Clean up the mistakes and don’t get away from what you do best.  Hind sight is 20/20 but I’m sure uppermans coach will kick himself the whole ride home.  Those boys have nothing to hold their heads down for though,  tough bunch of kids.

Great win for “Lizbethton” very good team and very deserving of this win. Hopefully next year we will see you in Baxter and make a better game of it!