Upperman @ Elizabethton Semis

crow6424

17 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I hear you. Up here, we have Science Hill (Johnson City) and Dobbins Bennett  (Kingsport). Two of the top 5 biggest schools by enrollment in the state. They never compete? Elizabethton’s beaten Science Hill 4 years in a row! And they won the 6A Region 1 title. But, here’s the thing! If the community, school board and coaches don’t get behind the program, and do whatever it takes to succeed, it will NEVER HAPPEN! The Cyclones, Alcoa, Oakland, Maryville, and Greenevilles of this world just don’t get up and play football during the season. It’s a year round commitment, starting at age 5-6, and continuing through high school.  Tell me if a team you know that the players arrive at 6:00am to lift every day before school. ALL YEAR LONG!!! Our motto is “Next season starts today”! We won a state title on a Saturday, started bract season’s off season weight program on Monday. Some teams are just built different. It’s a buy-in of epic proportion. 

This^^

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I hear you. Up here, we have Science Hill (Johnson City) and Dobbins Bennett  (Kingsport). Two of the top 5 biggest schools by enrollment in the state. They never compete? Elizabethton’s beaten Science Hill 4 years in a row! And they won the 6A Region 1 title. But, here’s the thing! If the community, school board and coaches don’t get behind the program, and do whatever it takes to succeed, it will NEVER HAPPEN! The Cyclones, Alcoa, Oakland, Maryville, and Greenevilles of this world just don’t get up and play football during the season. It’s a year round commitment, starting at age 5-6, and continuing through high school.  Tell me if a team you know that the players arrive at 6:00am to lift every day before school. ALL YEAR LONG!!! Our motto is “Next season starts today”! We won a state title on a Saturday, started bract season’s off season weight program on Monday. Some teams are just built different. It’s a buy-in of epic proportion. 

Agreed. Well said 

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Some schools are serious about football.
The rest are not.

• 2 weeks later...

Just now really got to watch film of the game. Imagine having a job and a boss. You are exceptional at your job all throughout the year and the company is thriving in profits  and revenue. All of a sudden, your boss says the job you are doing is not good enough and changes need to be made. Those changes involve becoming something you never have been and are being asked to do in a short period of time. It also shows you have to practice and practice to become that ‘thing ‘ you wish to become in less than a week. Two even teams with Upperman being out coached is my honest assessment. Upset cause we had all the opportunities to make it to state for the first time but coaches outcoached and should have let players play and do what they do best.

coach

7 hours ago, BearGrillz1156 said:

Just now really got to watch film of the game. Imagine having a job and a boss. You are exceptional at your job all throughout the year and the company is thriving in profits  and revenue. All of a sudden, your boss says the job you are doing is not good enough and changes need to be made. Those changes involve becoming something you never have been and are being asked to do in a short period of time. It also shows you have to practice and practice to become that ‘thing ‘ you wish to become in less than a week. Two even teams with Upperman being out coached is my honest assessment. Upset cause we had all the opportunities to make it to state for the first time but coaches outcoached and should have let players play and do what they do best.

coach admitted after game they got outcoached...

15 hours ago, BearGrillz1156 said:

Definitely out coached

How about win a game you are not supposed to win with this coach? I'm 100% positive this coach has never upset anyone in season or in the playoffs while at Upperman. Hard for a team to make a pass to the championship without doing that. Can't just beat up on cupcakes year end and year out and expect the same respect. 
Too much talent on the roster returning to not make some noise and make a deep run in the playoffs. LOL might need to run something other than power and counter to accomplish that!