Upperman @ Elizabethton Semis

crow6424

43 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

The team that took Alcoa to the wire about 3 years ago. They were definitely a more complete team. The 2013 had the best offensive player and one of the best defensive players. We had a lineman that year that was ridiculously good but the 2018 team would have beaten the 2013 team. They were just all around better.

2016 we were 3A. Lost to Alcoa 14-17 without our starting QB. That’s when we felt we were getting close.so I see where you’re coming from.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

The Cyclones had a bunch of new players, with little to no varsity experience going against a veteran Greene Devil team plus we were missing some starters. Not making excuses, but the results are what they were. They beat us down. HARD. And how we responded, says a lot about these young men and their coaching staff. And to be honest, we were a different team for that one playoff game too. That was a purposeful game plan, executed to near perfection by the team. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Explained it perfect bigdaddy!  I have no doubt the boys will be ready to go tonight with the game plan Shawn has dialed up.   Can’t wait!!

Y'all just take it one game at a time. The whole season is just one game and then a new season next week. I'm a Tullahoma fan and having to put Pearl-Cohn down twice in the same year was really against the odds. No, really the predictions were that it wouldn't happen. Just one game at a time. I heard all season that Greeneville was the best until they weren't the best. At this point what you did or didn't do in week 3 or 4 might as well have been last season. We were really good last year and knew it. We beat Nolensville once in region play and then they waited till playoff time to settle that score. We were looking ahead to the next week and it cost us. Good luck to all in the east. I'm still trying to figure out how we got in the western bracket being only 77 miles from Chattanooga. 

25 minutes ago, wornoutwildcat said:

Y'all just take it one game at a time. The whole season is just one game and then a new season next week. I'm a Tullahoma fan and having to put Pearl-Cohn down twice in the same year was really against the odds. No, really the predictions were that it wouldn't happen. Just one game at a time. I heard all season that Greeneville was the best until they weren't the best. At this point what you did or didn't do in week 3 or 4 might as well have been last season. We were really good last year and knew it. We beat Nolensville once in region play and then they waited till playoff time to settle that score. We were looking ahead to the next week and it cost us. Good luck to all in the east. I'm still trying to figure out how we got in the western bracket being only 77 miles from Chattanooga. 

I think with the addition of the Knoxville area teams and region 2 it’s forced tullahoma to move west.  I’m not sure it’s a bad thing for y’all though.

3 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I think with the addition of the Knoxville area teams and region 2 it’s forced tullahoma to move west.  I’m not sure it’s a bad thing for y’all though.

Oh we have made the best of it.  We had 377 miles of travel just to get to our away region games. And have 371 miles for next year. Chattanooga, should it happen, would be the shortest trip we make. 

• Like 1