Upperman @ Elizabethton Semis

crow6424

10 hours ago, WestPutnam said:

How about win a game you are not supposed to win with this coach? I'm 100% positive this coach has never upset anyone in season or in the playoffs while at Upperman. Hard for a team to make a pass to the championship without doing that. Can't just beat up on cupcakes year end and year out and expect the same respect. 
Too much talent on the roster returning to not make some noise and make a deep run in the playoffs. LOL might need to run something other than power and counter to accomplish that!

Hard to upset teams when 9/10 your the FAV! get a grip this program has turned around major in last 4 years he hasn't lost a region game... still building and growing as a program

On 12/16/2021 at 10:20 PM, WestPutnam said:

How about win a game you are not supposed to win with this coach? I'm 100% positive this coach has never upset anyone in season or in the playoffs while at Upperman. Hard for a team to make a pass to the championship without doing that. Can't just beat up on cupcakes year end and year out and expect the same respect. 
Too much talent on the roster returning to not make some noise and make a deep run in the playoffs. LOL might need to run something other than power and counter to accomplish that!

He’s made the semis twice in the last four years what do you call making noise and a deep run in the playoffs. Upperman had 5 winning seasons before Caine got here. Maybe you should have your mom send some more pizza rolls down to the basement. You don’t act like yourself when you’re hungry.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 10:20 PM, WestPutnam said:

This is got to be one of the stupidest post I’ve ever read . You obviously don’t know a whole lot about Football just a nuff to get yourself in trouble…He is the winningest coach in the history of the football program at Upperman High School, it only took him 4  years…. He has been to two semi finals in four years, been to the playoffs all four years and never lost A region game, no matter what classification Upperman is in !!!!.. There is no other coach in the upper Cumberland that could have done this job, if you think there’s one ……..who ? And why is he not at Upperman instead of Caine ? Personally I think we’re very blessed to have this man and I think the football program is in very capable hands, he’s in the top 5 in the state for winning percentage, I agree that some bad things happened The last game, but we had two kids Hurt that played anyways.  The football  boys , coaches and Especially Caine do not  deserve to hear the negative crap that you’re putting out there. If you can’t support any better than this maybe you just need to walk away !!!! I personally think they had a wonderful year and we’re lucky to have Coach Caine ….. GO BEES

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 8:00 PM, Beeman said:

This is got to be one of the stupidest post I’ve ever read . You obviously don’t know a whole lot about Football just a nuff to get yourself in trouble…He is the winningest coach in the history of the football program at Upperman High School, it only took him 4  years…. He has been to two semi finals in four years, been to the playoffs all four years and never lost A region game, no matter what classification Upperman is in !!!!.. There is no other coach in the upper Cumberland that could have done this job, if you think there’s one ……..who ? And why is he not at Upperman instead of Caine ? Personally I think we’re very blessed to have this man and I think the football program is in very capable hands, he’s in the top 5 in the state for winning percentage, I agree that some bad things happened The last game, but we had two kids Hurt that played anyways.  The football  boys , coaches and Especially Caine do not  deserve to hear the negative crap that you’re putting out there. If you can’t support any better than this maybe you just need to walk away !!!! I personally think they had a wonderful year and we’re lucky to have Coach Caine ….. GO BEES

Only 4 seasons in and people are already complaining? Is this Upperman or UT? Take a good hard look at the program that put you out. Witten took 15 years to get this program where it is, and was out coached a few times along the way too. It’s just part of the learning curve. Don’t be so fast to dismiss a coach when you’re headed in the right direction. I see a handful of schools who are always in that top echelon of their sport. Always in the playoffs and always quarterfinals or better. If you can win at least 2 playoff games, consistently, you’re in a good place. Top 8 in your class is not a bad place to be. I know, being close every year gets frustrating. Ask a yearly 5-5 team if they’ll trade places with you. 

On 1/3/2022 at 9:26 AM, BigDaddyDave said:

Only 4 seasons in and people are already complaining? Is this Upperman or UT? Take a good hard look at the program that put you out. Witten took 15 years to get this program where it is, and was out coached a few times along the way too. It’s just part of the learning curve. Don’t be so fast to dismiss a coach when you’re headed in the right direction. I see a handful of schools who are always in that top echelon of their sport. Always in the playoffs and always quarterfinals or better. If you can win at least 2 playoff games, consistently, you’re in a good place. Top 8 in your class is not a bad place to be. I know, being close every year gets frustrating. Ask a yearly 5-5 team if they’ll trade places with you. 

Heck yeah we will trade places with you!

• 2 months later...