TC at Hampton

Cam615

1 minute ago, JohnDutton said:

I was there in 05.  I know what kind of folks you guys are...I know the script too.  You acting like it's a honor just to be here, but we know deep down you guys have just as good as a shot at the Ship as any of the top 3 left.  Trust me, TC has it's eyes locked in on Hampton and not taking them lightly.  We are looking for a battle and expect nothing less.  

JD, these are two different caliber teams. We pretty have the same 11 going both ways; Not a track star on the team, not one with mind blowing stats. We are what we are and the effort it'll take to get thru you and stop you means we need a lot more beans than turkey Thursday! 

1 minute ago, RTD said:

TC has been playing against 11 in the box in every game. Still will have to deal with the speed of #3 if the hussle gets outside and to the second level, he is gone that also goes for 5,8,2and 6. The team's all year have run blitz TC from the outside and A and B gaps all year. 

As has Hampton faced...I was referring to TC's speed in that post...TC will load the box and great speed won't be as big a factor in there Lol 

8 minutes ago, JohnDutton said:

I was there in 05.  I know what kind of folks you guys are...I know the script too.  You acting like it's a honor just to be here, but we know deep down you guys have just as good as a shot at the Ship as any of the top 3 left.  Trust me, TC has it's eyes locked in on Hampton and not taking them lightly.  We are looking for a battle and expect nothing less.  

Exactly they are taking a page out of TC playbook with we are just happy to be here and we will give it our best. 

3 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

As has Hampton faced...I was referring to TC's speed in that post...TC will load the box and great speed won't be as big a factor in there Lol 

My bad! Oh, I know you'll have. I didn't think we have seen a deep safety all year lol im sure you'll haven't either. TC uses speed on defense too but we do have a decent size inline on both sides not as big as Hampton. But we have the same 11 on both sides of the ball for the most part so we will see Friday night. Also, I like you'll uniforms. 

5 minutes ago, RTD said:

My bad! Oh, I know you'll have. I didn't think we have seen a deep safety all year lol im sure you'll haven't either. TC uses speed on defense too but we do have a decent size inline on both sides not as big as Hampton. But we have the same 11 on both sides of the ball for the most part so we will see Friday night. Also, I like you'll uniforms. 

We are similar in a lot of ways but if we're not disciplined Friday, then the ways in which we differ will be seen real quick and we can't afford to let that happen if we are to have a shot.

Thanks pal, I love the navy, carolina blue and white also...We try to keep everything in those shades but every now and them someone orders something in that god awful duke royal blue color LOL...Been a huge UNC fan for years 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RTD said:

TC has been playing against 11 in the box in every game. Still will have to deal with the speed of #3 if the hussle gets outside and to the second level, he is gone that also goes for 5,8,2and 6. The team's all year have run blitz TC from the outside and A and B gaps all year. 

The way the skill players sell the fakes in that offense is beautiful.  

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Our kids are just tickled to death to be playing in this round. This is business as usual for you guys, its what you do. We don't get this opportunity very often. Regardless of what happens, we'll be proud of this group.

Regardless the outcome,its a GREAT privilege to be playing Thanksgiving week!Good luck to all!

4 hours ago, pujo said:

Our kids are just tickled to death to be playing in this round. This is business as usual for you guys, its what you do. We don't get this opportunity very often. Regardless of what happens, we'll be proud of this group.

I think that it is very impressive 2 small schools (Cloudland and Hampton) less than 15 miles apart are both playing in the semis. 3 of the 12 Division 1 games Friday are in Carter Co. Good job! I have been following TC since I moved to Nashville in the 90's, ain't nothing like TN high school football.  Congrats to both teams!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Yeah you guys knew you were winning it all that year before the season even started, Thats the best team we ever played in my opinion. . Flat out Loaded.

One of the best teams I have seen in small division football. There were athletes at every position. Current HC played that year at WR for sure and maybe even some DB. Maybe he can muster up some of that magic again come Friday night. 

1 hour ago, JohnDutton said:

Oh yeah, these kids are sure not ready to throw in the towel.

4 hours ago, pujo said:

If you all control the line of scrimmage and play disciplined ball then I think you all got a good shot at winning.  Good luck, I'll be rooting for you all up in Carter county.