TC at Hampton

Cam615

4 hours ago, jacketpharmer said:

Had a chance to hear some of the stories Friday night at H20... love hearing them. The thing that is crazy to me is they are told like they happened the night before. They are so ingrained in our memories that we could tell the exact same story word for word 30 years down the road. 

On another note, I know it is a long drive to Hampton but I hope the TC faithful pile in and make the trip. I hope those Hampton fans that haven't seen a game all year come out and support their team. There isn't a whole lot that can rival a cold Friday (High of 39 in Hampton) with small division playoff football. Many will walk into opening kickoff knowing this could be it... the last time the pull on those shoulder pads and strap up that helmet.  They will not be perfect but they will play every snap hoping to be perfect, making every block and every tackle. They are playing, not for a scholarship offer but for their pride, the parents' and family's pride, and the pride of a small town with lofty expectations. Both sides deserve a packed house and a chance to play for some hardware the following week. Let's give them exactly that come Friday night.

I will get down off my soapbox now!

Man... I've been quiet this week however this post just made the hairs on the back of my neck and arms stand up!!!!!! Great post!! You just hit the nail in the coffin...:thumb:

5 minutes ago, jacketpharmer said:

Appreciate it! Can’t wait for Friday night 

Safe travels coming up to Hampton. Looking forward to Friday too. I'll say this I've always respected Trousdale. I watched the 2005 game and I agree with other posters, that was the best team that Hampton has ever played. If y'all beat us Friday I'll be pulling for you all during the championship. With that being said we've never made the championship game. We  are 0 for 4 in the semi-finals whereas you guys have made the finals so many times you expect it. Maybe you all could find a soft spot in your heart and let us make it one time...:mrgreen:

2 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

Safe travels coming up to Hampton. Looking forward to Friday too. I'll say this I've always respected Trousdale. I watched the 2005 game and I agree with other posters, that was the best team that Hampton has ever played. If y'all beat us Friday I'll be pulling for you all during the championship. With that being said we've never made the championship game. We  are 0 for 4 in the semi-finals whereas you guys have made the finals so many times you expect it. Maybe you all could find a soft spot in your heart and let us make it one time...:mrgreen:

Little Rats like cheese to.