TC at Hampton

Cam615

9 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I wouldn’t be caught dead saying this, so I’m saying it while I’m still kickin 8-).   I’m pulling  for those bulldogs and not those dang Georgia one’s either :roflolk:.   GO VOLS 

Is there gonna be room for Greene/SG fan at this game?

For sure Romans,would love to meet you.

7 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

Been awhile since the ole MVP made an appearance on the boards. Read some here and there over this year but thought I'd chime in. 

This game will be a war at the line of scrimmage. The home squad has some monsters that will be hard to move and look like they will require some double team blocks. That opens the door for one on one match-ups between the ball carrier and LBs/DBs. Then when Hampton has the ball, its going to be tough to hold that line and keep the LBs clean and free to roam. Bottom line, and I believe Coach Satt said this years ago, this game comes down to blocking and tackling. The team that does that best goes for the Gold. 

Now for some none relevant memories of the '05 game. "Blue 3" was the call of the first play and I vividly remember seeing Dillehay look the Cover 3 safety off my way, then hit Harper (whose son will make his name known come Friday) in stride up the left hash mark. It was over from there. On 1 particular drive we ran 32 and 38 knock (off tackle with a kickout block by a FB or HB) probably 6, 7 maybe 8 times in a row. No Huddle calling the play out loud at the line. We changed the formation and mixed in some motion but it was the same play. After a couple of times the LBs started pointing out where we were running it. Boom there's 6 yards. Wam another 7. Bam ill take 8. Thank you mam for 9 more. Hard nosed stop it if you can football. That night we were playing for more than a opportunity to go to the ship but also for a classmate. Our starting Center, Harris, had torn his ACL the week before and we knew he could only play once more before surgery and we wanted that game to be for the Ball! Ill never forget assisting on the last tackle and rolling on top of McGowan as the final horn sounded and yelling "We Going to the Ship BABY!" Special group of guys for sure and I'm not afraid to say I love each one of them. But in all honesty though, We dont hold a candle stick to that '97 team, Wanna talk about some dudes! But that's a "debate" (not really) that's for another time and place.

For the kids involved Friday Night, Cherish the Moments! Enjoy your teammates. Be focused but take those mental pictures and stash them away. They will mean something in the future. Best of luck, safe travels to all and praying for no injuries for either team! Happy Thanksgiving!

Great post bud. Hope all is well.